Scared to regress

Requested by Ghostbur_5

Image:

Fair warning- I get so many good requests on my other book, but the titles are horrible 😭✋ So I'm so sorry in advance

Age regression: when a person's thoughts, emotions, and behaviour revert to an earlier stage of development. Safe for work only!!
Little: a person who regresses
Caregiver: someone who looks after a little while they're in little space

Caregiver~Sapnap
Little~Dream

TW/CW: refusing to regress

//- Sapnap -\\

I'm becoming increasingly worried about Dream. Ever since I had moved in and began to live with him, he has kinda become more distant. I don't know what it is but I feel like he's hiding something from me. Which kind of hurts because I've been his best friend since I was 11, and I've been dating him for a couple of months now.

I walked towards where he sat on the couch (with Patches curled up in his lap) and tapped his shoulder lightly. He quickly turned his head to face me, making me kinda shocked at how surprised he was.

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna stream in a minute. Do you wanna come and sit with me whilst I stream?"

"Oh- no thank you, I don't mind sitting in my room and calling you though?"

"Of course my love, I'll start streaming and wait for you."

Dream hummed and leant his head forwards as I did as well, going to press my lips softly against his forehead.

I smiled at him, running a hand through his soft golden brown hair as I left him sitting on the couch.

//- Third Person -\\

Dream watched as Sapnap walked away, towards his room so he could stream. He knew that Sapnap knew something was up, Dream just couldn't bring himself to tell anyone. Dream age regresses, because of childhood experiences he doesn't like to talk about. At all.

And once, because of said childhood experiences/ memories, he went non verbal. And still does today. But very rarely.

Now he was forced to age regress in the comfort of his own room, when he was absolutely sure that no one was awake and that no one could get into his room.
Which would obviously cause problems for him when he age regresses.

He wanted to tell Sapnap. Really he did. He just couldn't find the words to tell him without it sounding weird.

He sighed, forcing himself to get up off of the couch and walk to his room. He sat at his desk and joined Sapnap in a call.

"Hey Dreamie!"

"Hey Sap."

Dream knew his mind was trying to regress, but he refused. He knew it was unhealthy for himself to fight off his age regression, but he couldn't do it on stream. Not in front of millions of people. Or sapnap. What would sapnap think?

"Dream!"

"Oh- I uh.. what?"

Without realising, Dream began to speak in a slightly hushed and lisped tone. But obviously, Sapnap caught it.

"Are you alright? You just zoned out for a good 5 minutes."

"I uh- 'm fine Sap, don't worry.."

Dream could feel himself becoming more and more tired, which didn't help him in the situation he was currently in.

Sapnap decided to end stream early, making up a lie that something had come up with his family that he needed to sort out. The chat believed it, luckily, and Dream just didn't say anything. He knew something was up with Dream and he was going to figure out what.

He ended the stream and the call, making sure that everything was off and over before walking out of his room and into Dreams. Thankfully Dreams room wasn't that far from Sapnaps. He walked into the room, seeing Dream at his desk with his hands in his head.

"Dream? Darling what's wrong?"

"I- mhm mhm.."

Dream shook his head, refusing to make eye contact with or even look at Sapnap. The older of the two could feel Sapnaps hand on his shoulder, but the feeling didn't make him jump up in fear, or tense up his body.

"Love, what's wrong..? Please tell me you're scaring me.."

"Din't mean too.. sorry.."

"No. No sweetheart.. it's ok! What's going on?"

Dream knew how to say it, but physically couldn't. His mind just wouldn't be able to comprehend the amount of words that he'd have to use to explain his situation to Sapnap. He opened his mouth to speak, hoarsely letting out the only words his mind could currently comprehend.

"I- younger.. younger up here.."

Dream didn't know what age he was in his mind as of right now, which made it more difficult for him to understand.

Sapnap on the other hand, was comprehending what Dream had said. He was younger? In his mind-? What does that even- oh wait. He'd seem something like this before on TikTok. Thankfully.

"Oh love, you age regress don't you?"

"Mhm.."

Was all Dream could manage to get out, looking up at Sapnap through tear filled eyes and a quivering lip. The raven haired awed at the sight and encouraged the older to follow him to Dreams bed.
Sapnap wrapped a blanket around the two as they lay down, running his hand through Dreams hair comfortingly.

"Why didn't you tell me, my dear..? I could have helped you. I could have cared for you."

"Scared.."

Sapnap nodded, knowing he wasn't going to be able to get anything else out of Dream when he was in this state of mind. So what did he do? He held his boyfriend close in his arms and drifted him off to sleep. Like any normal person would do.

"Sleep well my darling boy.. we'll talk in the morning.."

//- End -\\

1015 Words

lol two chapters in one day is a rare occurrence but when it happens- damn. Sorry this was kinda short and rushed- I thought it'd be a small and cute chapter and then I started rushing and I finished so I had to post it/

The nicknames in this killed me, they're so sweet and I'm going to cry.

I hope you enjoyed!

Requests——>

BYEEEE