Insecurity

Head cannon by PoteaSoul

Image:

Summary of head cannon: Sapnap gets really insecure about his and Dreams relationship and Dream doesn't know why

Summary of head cannon: Sapnap gets really insecure about his and Dreams relationship and Dream doesn't know why. Dream figures out that Sapnap gets worried about the future and the future of their relationship. Dream gives Sapnap a promise ring to show Sapnap that he wants to marry him and Sapnaps insecurities go away. and the promise ring gets swapped with a different ring in the future, just as Dream promised.

//- Third Person -\\

It was no secret that Sapnap was insecure. Not about his looks, but about his relationship with his boyfriend Dream. He and Dream had been friends since they were 12 and 13 ish, and had been dating since Sapnap was 20 and Dream was 22. And now Sapnap was 22 and Dream was 24. So they had been dating for 2 years, but why (if sapnap was insecure about their relationship) were they still together?

Sapnap was yet to tell Dream why he was so insecure about their relationship. He was pretty good at hiding it for maybe about 6 months. Until Dream finally decided to bring it up. When Dream figured out that Sapnap was insecure about the future of their relationship, he didn't really understand, but comforted Sapnap as best he could anyway. No questions asked.

One way Dream had made sure that Sapnap knew how much Dream loved him, he gave Sapnap a promise ring on their one year anniversary:

//- Dream ~ One year ago -\\

The two males sat underneath the willow tree, on top of a medium sized plaid blanket. The food long forgotten as the two had a conversation that was becoming quite frequent between the two.

"Sap.. Baby. I promise you, I love you so much. I'll never leave you."

It hurt Dream that SapNap thought he didn't love him. Of course he did. Why wouldn't anyone love SapNap. He has so many amazing qualities. He didn't understand the meaning behind the insecurity of their relationship failing, which worried Dream a decent amount, but obviously supported And helped SapNap none the less.

"Dream.. you don't know that! You say you aren't going to leave me but you don't know what will happen in the future!"

"Neither do you. I am going to marry you someday. I know that. That is what I want in life, to spend the rest of it with YOU! Babe, look at that ring i gave you literally just this morning."

The Floridian grabbed Sapnap's hand and ran his thumb up to a small sliver ring on his ring finger. He squeezed his hand and moved it up to his Pink plumb lips, pressing them against the back of his hand. Dream could instantly tell that He had made him feel better, which made the dirty blonde even happier.

"Every single time you feel like I don't love you, even though I do. SO much. But every time you get that feeling, please just look at that ring. Look at that ring and remember how much I love you.. Please."