"I'm no longer your muse" 🎨 (A)

Blood splattered everywhere, though it was victorious, Y/N knew what's going to happen onwards.

Her teary eyes met with a tall figure who catched her before she fell. His eyes can't seem to process what just happened in front of his bear eyes.

Y/N felt weak. Her arms are trembling as she lifted it and caressed Rafayel's soft cheeks, who were somehow bruised.

"It's a bodyguard's duty to protect you, no?" Her quiet and weak voice felt like thorns pierced inside Rafayel's heart. He knew it was his fault that she's in this state. He will do anything, anything. Just to make her stay.

He lifted her up, planning to get her healed. Rafayel stopped after hearing her statement.

"Don't, Rafayel. I want to rest." She buried her face onto his chest, murmuring silent words.

"I'm sorry, I love you." Her cries we're like waterfall.

"It's time to face this, my Rafayel. I'm no longer your muse." Y/N whispered.

Those were the last words Y/N said to Rafayel, before shedding her last breath, after protecting him from wanderers.

*************

As Rafayel held the paintbrush while sitting on a high chair, it reminded him of their 2nd meeting. It was chaotic, yet it made his heart fluttering.

He chuckled and smiled bittersweetly, "You're wrong, Y/n. You'll always be my muse."

He stroked his paintbrush like he used to, but, something is incredibly wrong. The memories of Y/N are nothing but a blur, like a vivid dream. He's slowly... forgetting.

He looked at the results and observed it thoroughly.

"No... This isn't her." He muttered in a heart breaking tone, accidentally smudging some excess paint, making it more messier.

Rafayel felt like a failure. How can he forget his beloved? His only beloved.

He lowered his head, admitting defeat.

Because pictures are the only way to reminisce the face of one's beloved.

★★★★

(I'll make up to y'all fr)