"There's still time before the last spring" 💤 (A)

!! Contains spoilers !!

Music recommended: The One That Got Away by Katy Perry.

★★★★

"Xavier... You..." After learning about your past, you stood there dumbfounded as Xavier rested his hand on your head.

"You finally remembered, My Queen. I, Xavier, will stay as your loyal knight until the next spring." He smiled weakly. What does he mean by 'until next spring'? Everything is a mess. You have a thousand questions in your head.

"Why didn't you tell me until now? And what do you mean by next spring?" You feel like your head is about to burst.

"Shh.. now's not the time to think of those things." He said.

"Then what should I think of now?" A set of tears poured down on your cheeks.

Xavier instantly took you in for an embrace. It was warm, and it made you and his past memories be clearer. You missed your knight. You missed Xavier.

"How many years have you been waiting for me..?" You muttered a whisper while burying your head on his chest.

"This is my 214th spring on Earth, waiting for you." He paused for a while, he then rested his head on my shoulder, "And it will be my last."

You immediately withdrew yourself from him to look at him directly in the eye.

"Last?! This isn't fair! I just remembered you, then you're going to leave me?" Your outburst seemed to weakened Xavier more.

He stayed quiet for a few moments, after that, a bittersweet chuckle escaped his lips.

"If there's still time before the next spring, let's meet now."

You just stood there staring at Xavier, unable to think of anything.

"If you had told me sooner, we could've had more time." You rubbed your eyes, sobbing.

"You're right."

"Why are you so calm about this??"

"It is true. We could've gotten more time. I just want to remind you that you and I still have time. We shouldn't waste it." He took your hand, running as he took you somewhere.

It has come to this. Enjoying your last moments together until it lasts.

****************

You we're spending time with Xavier these past few weeks. Though there's a thorn in your heart, you can't deny that those memories are the most memorable experiences you had with Xavier.

This time, he brought you in a secluded area at the mountains, walking you to a cherry blossom tree.

"Xavier.. this is..." You mumbled.

"The first cherry blossom." He said weakly, "The sun sets beautifully today, no?"

"No, no. This can't happen! Surely there's a way to prevent all of this, right?!" All the happiness you felt earlier faded in a blink of an eye.

"I apologize for making you suffer for the consequences of my actions, my Queen."

"Don't say that! No please. Maybe the aether core can help..! Just please, stay." Your fingers tugged on his collar, with hot liquid flowing in your eyes like waterfall.

Xavier wrapped his arms around you. You can feel like he's crying too.

"My chapter finally ended. It's time for you to continue the story, even without me. Farewell, my Queen." A light illuminated behind the tree after that statement.

You tightened your grasp on Xavier hoping that he won't let go, even if you knew it's impossible.

He planted a sweet, gentle kiss on you lips before saying, "I love you." That was all you heard before Xavier slowly disappears.

After that, you ended up embracing yourself. Only yourself. You cried, shouted, yelled for Xavier but there was no answer.

Now is the time to face your reality.

Right person, not enough time. Right music, wrong rhyme.

"I'll wait for you, Xavier. Until we had the chance to meet again. If we did, I'll make sure we will have enough time."

★★★★

I accept requests btw🫶🫶