"Nothing's new." 🩺 (A)

!!SPOILERS!!

(zayne's lore got me sobbing ngl)

★★★★

Being able to betray the Gods, the foreseer felt no regret sacrificing the protocore for his beloved, even of it meant taking away his own life.

The foreseer is slowly destroying himself with his Evol, being frozen all over his body.

"I'm sorry I made you like this..." You thought you can finally live happily with the man you loved, but the God was against it. The consequences of your actions are doing it's role.

"It's not your fault, Y/N. It is my decision to choose this path and just to let you know, I have no regrets in doing so." A cold hand tried to caress your cheeks, you held the hand gently as you gave it a small peck.

With him slowly freezing himself, the foreseer soon faced death. Only thinking about his beloved's safety.

Your tears went down like rain in a storm, causing your heart to weaken. Oh how unfair the world is.

Maybe in your next life... You can live freely with the man you loved — or that's what you thought.

***************

"Grandma, where are we going??" You held your grandma's hand tightly while skipping.

"I already told you didn't I? We're going to meet Zayne!!" Caleb snuck up from behind, also clutching at grandma's hand.

"Zayne?" A familiar yet unfamiliar name. Because of your height as a kid, you lifted your head up to ask your grandma.

"Oho. Zayne is the boy you and Caleb met last time."

"Ohh! That quiet kid!" Your eyes fluttered with excitement. As all of you arrived the destination, your eyes immediately searched for Zayne, wanting to be friends.

"Caleb, take care of Y/N. Go play with Zayne. If you need anything, me and Zayne's parents are just at the other side of the room. Behave well, okay dear?" Your grandma said to Caleb.

As soon as you saw Zayne, you instantly ran over to him. He was making some beautiful flower.

"It's so pretty!! You have ice powers?? Like Elsa? What's that flower?" You have a lot of questions in your head, and Zayne as a kid just stared at you, as if he's expecting something.

"It's called the jasmine flower. It doesn't usually bloom and I know a certain someone who failed to do so." He stared at the flower he made my his Evol.

You grabbed Zayne's hand, "It must've been hard for you." His hands were as cold as ice yet there's a warm feeling lingering inside you.

Zayne stared at your hand as he smiled at you sweetly. However, all of the sudden, he flinched as if he's being electrified. He immediately distanced himself from you as ice started appearing everywhere.

You immediately felt the worry for Zayne. He needs help, you frantically looked around to find Caleb but he's nowhere to be seen.

"Zayne!! I'll help." You muttered. An intense feeling of deja vu washed over you. As if this happened before.

You walked closer to him, but Zayne wanted to refuse your help.

"Don't, Y/N!!" All of the sudden, your chest felt numb, realizing it somehow turned to ice. You hear his desperate voice calling out for help. Slowly, everything faded to black.

******************

Time passes quickly, you got selected as a Deepspace Hunter. Zayne distanced himself from you and Caleb. But fortunately, he's your cardiologist so you and him can at least talk.

Because of the aether core, your heart weakened more. Causing your life to slowly end.

Oh how cruel the God is. To witness the one you truly love die the second time.

"I hope we do not meet in your next life."

***************

Earth was destroyed. Everything is nothing but a sick disaster. The Dawnbreaker stood there in the midst of chaos, reminiscing about his beloved.

The Dawnbreaker closes his eyes, with a tear flowing down as he filled his mind with daydreams and promises.

He can't do anything but sit in silence. Everything happened due to the Dawnbreaker's actions. It's all his fault. But alas, he's willing to sacrifice anything for her. But right now, it's impossible.

He sat down, resting his head on his knees, humming a tune Y/N used to sing for him.

"Little kitty on a roof, all alone without his lady...."

★★★★★★★★★

Cat Blanc reference in the last part

I feel like this is more like an explanation to his lore than a oneshot🥹🥹 BUTTT anyway I'll be posting zayne smut next. Maybe two or three? If laziness doesn't struck me, I'll post it in an hour or two😍💯