Chapter 14 • Average day in your enemy's territory

((bABeS i am so srry for being gone :( but I am back! I have exams for this week, next week and the week after that! And this chapter is like 3k words long! Anywayyss- ALSO WE'RE AT 1K VIEWS!?!? TY TY TY SO MUCH <333))

Tall Russian guy's POV:

I'm finally leaving this hell-hole of a country. Honestly, if I could go back in time, I would have never started speaking to Britain. It rains too often here and his house is just off-putting; it's too silent, uncanny and looks abandoned. How could a man live in such a place? At least my home is actually liveable.

I can't leave just yet, though. I'm waiting for Britain to grab some things before he leaves with me. If he makes me miss my flight, I swear to God-
"How are you, Soviet?" Wales suddenly asks.
I nearly lose my balance. How long has he been here!? He just snuck up behind me, and silently, too, like China sometimes does. The floorboards are far too creaky for him to have been able to sneak up behind me.
I mutter out,
"I'm fine. And you?"
"Fine, too," he tuts.
I hate that sound so much. It's actually going to drive me insane.

Britain appears from the top of the staircase, smiling widely like a child. For someone with an older appearnce, he sure knows how to act young. He adornes the ushanka I gifted him on his head as he makes his way down the stairs. Each step echos out through the halls.
"Sorry to have kept you waiting!"
At least he has manners. That's one attribute I enjoy about him.
"No worries. Are you ready to go?" I open the front door prematurely.
Britain nods as I let him take the first step outside. He gives his lackey a goodbye as does he. For me, however, he turs out,
"Be nice to him, Pavlov."

He doesn't know. He can't. There's no way. Surely, he's just thinking back to last night's conversation. I don't want to argue it.

"I will..?" I leave right after, accomopanied by Britain.
Thankfully the airport isn't that far from his house.

~~~
~~~

The flight went smoothly. I grin, looking out the small plane window to my glorious country! Britain, huddled next to me, is smiling too. I'm glad he's happy to be here.
We both exit the plane and I already have people waiting for me - personnel as I like to call then. It's ashame the other countryhumans don't let me bring them to their places. It'd be more convenient for me. I, while being led by my personnel, lead Britain to a car. Soon, I'll be right at home!

The car ride there was silent, just how I like it. Britain was staring out the window; I'm sure if I opened it, he'd stick his head out like a dog. Plentyful snow had covered the ground. It's just how it is in November. But I can't complain, the snow is great to look at. It's my favourite kind of weather. It's the kind that can bring you to your best of memories - the older kind, like of childhood... Or maybe something even better than childhood. I cross my arms and glance once more at my now guest.

He looks right up at me, still smiling. It's adorable to see how easily attached he gets. What am I thinking!? A sickly feeling twinges at my stomach. He is only, only, only a means to an end.
"Are you alright?" He asks.
I think I should just enjoy the moment. I'll drink away my regrets later.
"Yes, I am fine. And you?"
"I'm good!" The amount of sincerity in his voice... The loyalty he has right now might even rival China and North's (okay, maybe not so much China, but probably more likely North).

We arrive shortly after. My personnel dealt with the luggage while Britain and I enter my home. Warmth floods us both immediately.
"Я дома! (I'm home!)" I call out. That should be loud enough for my children to hear, "У нас гость! (We have a guest!)" And that should be clear enough for them to sort themselves out.
Walking through the hallways, Britain keeps very close to me. I don't enjoy such closeness, but I might have to put up with it. He's short anyways, he can't do much to threaten me.