Chapter 16 • Father and Son Intervention

((I'm making one continuity change. It doesn't change much, but gives a few extra plot points (I think). Thankfully, it doesn't affect what's already been written that much. It's easy to imagine the scenes with it in anyways. The continuity change is that the CHs can change into human-esque forms. It just makes sense to me. I have it explained more in a headcanon book I've got going on :p anyways enjoy ur regularly scheduled programming :) ))

---

Nada's POV (Fourth POV unlocked. Can we get it to five? Probably (yes.)):

It's just another day, as usual. Ignoring the fact that it's winter, it feels as if it were a calm, mid-summer day. But, regardless of how calm it is, there has definetly been a strain recently. A strain between my family, allies, and even enemies. I just want there to be at least a week of some civility. But, nope. Not at all. When did this even begin? I don't mind that brother is a little upset at the east, so it can't be that. My alliances, or NATO if I want to be specific, haven't been the best recently, but there's a decent reason for that. My family has been... My family is well. As well as it can be... But, ever since mother and father divorced, it's just gotten worse. I love both my parents – both of them – a lot – but my mother and brothers haven't been too fond of father recently. It's gotten to the point where Ame's started to call father by his actual name! I'd say it's uncalled for, but I don't want to confront him about it. It's his choice afterall. Maybe everything will be better sooner or later. I should just focus on preparing for the meeting in a few days. Then the phone rings.

I wonder who that is? As my hand reaches for the phone, I recognize the number calling ((A/N I have no clue how phones in the 1960s/70s work. Let's ignore how they actually work for the sake of this small plot moment)). It's father! He's really calling! I haven't spoken to him properly in weeks! Smiling proudly, I answer.
"Father! How have you been?"
"Not your father," someone else answers, "he's not here right now."
He has an odd... English? Accent. I think this might be one of the four countries who work with father. Has something happened!?
"Oh! Sorry... Who are you, by the way?"
"Wales," the stranger tuts. He's the one at that meeting last time! "and your Britain's son Canada, right?"
"Yes, I am— is everything alright!?"
"ydw, yes. He should be fine. It's just... I think Britain would be better off if he had some familiar company around. Wouldn't want him falling in the wrong crowd, would we?"

What does that mean?! I'd hate for father to be with the wrong people! After hearing that he's begun to speak to USSR, it made my heart sink in fear. Ame and mother were so mad. I was, and still am, worried he'd be hurt. I can't have that happen to him!

"You want me to come over, then? Does he know?" I think it'd be a pleasent surprise if I showed up unannounced.
"No, not at all. He's not even at the house at the moment."
"Where is he then?" My heart starts to skip beats.
Wales sighs, "he's gone off to Soviet's place – but you didn't hear that from me. Listen, he gave me a call recently and said he'd be back here tomorrow."
He went to his place?! Again?!
"So, I should be there by tomorrow?"
"You don't need to, but I'd suggest visitng him. Anyways, I've got to go. I want to go back to Cardiff by today," and with that, he hangs up abruptly.
Gently, I put the phone back into it's place. He suggests? Has father not been well?! I need to check on him, I must! If I go now, I can be at father's by tomorrow! But, if I go tomorrow, I might miss the meeting... No, family is more important! I'll just tell Ame I'm sick! He won't notice, not one bit!

By the end of today, I've already told Ame I'm sick, packed a few things and managed to get a flight to my old home. No one will notice me in human form – this will keep Ame from realising where I've headed off to. And by tomorrow, really early in the morning, I've arrived to the streets of London. I haven't brought much, just clothes and some money, so I'm not carrying too much. I wonder if father is here yet. I'll have to figure that out!