Chapter 27 • A random filler chapter

((this is some filler chapter, lol. I promise better chapters soon :) ))

---

China's POV:

December 1st. How long have I been in this country for? About three or four days?! North and 8 should've left by now! But no! There just had to be flight issues! Of course... Of course there had to be flight issues. So I suppose I'm stuck here for one last day. Soviet and everyone else (who I'm allied with) have managed to get home without issue. It's just me and North...

I don't hate North, I just think he's a bit much. Perhaps too much for my liking. He could calm down a notch. That's all I'd want from him. I suppose I could say the same about Soviet, too. He's hotheaded... They're both hotheaded and anger way too quickly. Do they really not understand subtlety?

...

It shouldn't be something I should argue about. They're allies (and can actually be of good ones at that). I shouldn't complain. What I should be complaining about is the weather here (as much as I can't control it).

It's pure bitterness here. There's no rain today, but it's still awfully damp! I can feel the water – and maybe mud, too?! – creeping into my shoes. It's disgusting. But I don't say a word about it. All I can do is just walk awkwardly and hope to return to the hotel soon enough. North, however, can't do the same. He verbally complains outloud in a hissy voice. In my own, quiet response, I only nod to whatever he begins complaing about.

"Why did you decide to go on a walk?!" He hisses.
"為什麼決定跟我一起去? (Why did you decide to go with me?)" I don't hesitate to answer, much to North's annoyance.
He actually ends up being quiet for the rest of the walk. Good. I need some peace right now (and the fresh air). Once we finally arrive back to the hotel, North doesn't hesitate to walk swiftly inside, leaving me behind outside. I choose to stand outside for a moment longer; it's much too stuffy in there for my own comfort.

While I keep put outside, I notice someone walking not too far from here. They're in a group of four (them included). It doesn't take long for him to notice me. Without a second thought, he manages to sneak off from the group and approach me.
"China," he tuts.
"Wales," I answer back, "how are you?"
"Fine, and you?" Wales periodically looks back to the group, who hasn't even noticed that he's disappeared yet.
"Fine myself," I sigh.
I, too, eye the group. I know very well who they are. Those other kingdoms... And I can only suspect that one of them is England. My stomach twists at the thought. But maybe he doesn't remember.
"I take it England's fine," I nod my head at the group.
"Sadly," he gives a half–hearted smile for just a moment, "but he doesn't remember anything, so I wouldn't worry if I were you."

He leans against the wall, still standing close to me.
"That's good," I utter.
I can't imagine what the west would do if they found out.
"I'd have thought you'd end up back home by now," he says.
"Flight issues," I answer in a disgruntled manner.
He simply nods backs in response.

"Hey! Why'd you walk off like that?!" A Scottish accent calls out, quickly walking to us two.
Behind him, two others follower behind.
"We thought you were kidnapped or something," the other, an Irish person, laughs, "who's this?"
All three eye me. I've never been in a situation like this before. What do I even respond with? Obviously I can't just reveal myself to them so willingly. And, obviously, they wouldn't be doing the same.

Wales puts a hand on my shoulder, waving off the other's remark,
"Just a mate of mine."
"Really?" An English accent chimes out.
He (or otherwise England) just gives a hard stare at both of us. Is kind of rude to stare at people like that.
"How do you know him?"
Does he not actually believe his own ally??
Wales just tuts quietly before responding,
"I met him in Cardiff, actually! He's just here for work – a nice coincidence!" He lies without blunder.
It's quite intriguing to see someone knowingly lie – and on such short notice. I nod, as that's the most understandable reaction,
"Yes, yes, work."