Chapter 34.5 • (Quick Oneshots)

((Wdym I can't write backwards? I can do what I want!
Anyways... in prep for the next few chapters, these are some short, one/two paragraph oneshots which didn't really need to be written but defiently adds to the story. It might be focused on Brit and Sov, it might be focused on other things too :3
These all occur before chapter 35.. Sorry the confusion lol))

---

March 1969.
No ones POV:

The two looked at each other, smiling and laughing as they tried to pronounce the words in the book.
"ты неправильно говоришь! (You're saying it wrong!)" Ushered Belarus.
"Нет, это не так! (No I'm not!)" Russia giggled.
He traced his finger under the words and spoke aloud in stride. It was rather incomprehensible, with no English words being made out from it. The two kept laughing as Russia persisted that he was saying it correctly. And then, the hand of someone else in the room, a third person, traced over the words and spoke it in a clear, British accent:
"'What is your name?' That's what it says."
The children were reading a phrase book, trying to learn English as best they could. More laughter came from Belarus,
"Я же говорил тебе! ты сказал это неправильно! (I told you! You said it wrong!)"
Russia shook his head adamently, not wanting to be in the wrong,
"Nuh uh! Я сказал это правильно! (I said it correctly!)"
And the whole while, Britain couldn't make out a single thing the two said. It would certainly be some time before they could all understand each other properlly.

~~~

July

"Canada." A stern voice rung out. "Just leave it."
Nada shivered. UN had snuck up behind him, towering over with his height.
"But!—" Canada started to pout.
"Leave it. Britain told me you've kept calling him about it and he's fed up."

Right... Canada couldn't help but call Britain every so often. It'd start off as a casual conversation, but soon devolve into an argument; Canada would plea for his father to break up with Soviet: saying it was a horrible idea, that he'd regret it, and it was a mistake. And with every call, and the longer Britain had stayed with his partner, he would get more and more cross... It was hard to consider their relationship a father-son one these days... And it seems Britain was ready to let that relationship go altogether.

Canada teared up,
"But it's just not right! He's replaced us with that disgusting commie!" Such language has only been influenced by the likes of his older brother.
UN shrugged it off,
"It's not a world ending event. So, don't turn it into one." He thought he'd only be telling America those words, but obviously not.
The phone was pulled from its resting spot regardless. The taller gave a sharp eye, uttering out the other's name as if he were a misbehaving child.
"I'm calling mère!" He cried.

France had been the only parent who's comforted her children throughout this.

~~~

September

Soviet had flown out to Britain's country. However, instead of being in the bus streets of London, they had chosen to go out to the countryside. A place with huge fields and flowing rivers.

They had both stopped at a bridge, the sun setting before them. A gentle breeze soothed them both dearly as they leaned on the edge, staring down at the water below. Schools of fish swam by, showing themselves off clear as day. Not a single other person was in sight; it was just them two.
"Sovi," Britain hummed.
"Да?" The other responded.
Britain fidgeted with his old ring, the one that once symbolized his marriage with France. He felt it'd be too rude to toss such a gem away – or so Soviet recalls him saying. It didn't bother Soviet in the slightest now, for he felt that Britain would never return to such a woman, or leave him for anything else. On the same side as the ring, on the wrist, was the silver bracelet Britain received as a present months prior from his lover. It had stayed secure on his arm since that day.

"I was terribly afraid to do this before... I didn't think it was the right thing to do, but..."
Soviet peered his eye at Britain, humming out in questioning manner.
"You've given me the confidence to do this!" Britain chirped up.
With a sudden splash in the water, the old ring was no longer resting on his hand. He had thrown the ring as far as he could into the river to be forgotten about.
Soviet stood in awe, but a smile managed to leak through. A sense of pride washed over him; he gave his lover the confidence to move on. And that gave him happiness.

As the sun set before them, they both embraced with their lips touching. All the while, the forgotten ring glimmered at the bottom of the lake.