Chapter 40 • Another personal issue!

No ones POV:

Nearly a month had passed by. Britain had found comfort in his old friends and family once again, albeit with an awkward start. He would've apologized for his absence (and who he was with) near a hundred times had it not been for everyone constantly assuring it was fine, each with varying validity. But, by late November, he was already well adjusted to all his old relations.

Of course, there was a final world meeting to end the year off... did UN really think a world meeting was just what needed to occur? Regardless, he apparently felt the need to have one since there hadn't been one in quite some time. Of course, Britain had come along. Surrounding him was the rest of the west. Canada kept his arms around his father tightly. They both spout out apologies to each other. Nada was upset he had believed his mother and even showed the slightest disdain to his father. Britain was upset he had felt he'd betrayed his family and friends. But, the two would move past it. Besides, They're exactly alike. Who's to say they aren't?

"I hope you're not doing that when the meeting starts." Echoed UN, who hadn't the slightest bit of sympathy for the little reunion going on.
Before either two could respond, America did so for them. He laughed at UN's remark, assuming it as a joke.
"Obviously not! ... I mean, we wouldn't want her to see it, would we?" America looked around the large entrance room.
He and his family (along with a few others he deemed close) had asserted themselves in a quiet corner. So many people were speaking with each other in thier own areas, or prepping for the meeting in just ten minutes.
"Where is she?" America asked.
"I hadn't invited France." UN explained. "I felt it'd bring unnecessary personal matters (and I've already dealt with enough of those)."
Britain looked away solemnly. He felt bad, but, had be not discarded the old wedding ring, he wasn't devastated.
"You didn't invite France, but you invited—" Canada began, but stopped speaking when he, and the rest of the group noticed something.

A young boy, perhaps in his teenage years, though too scrawny to look as such, sprinted up to Britain, hugging around him tightly. He let out a muted cry as everyone else stared in utter confusion. But, Britain recognised the boy very well.
"Британия! Когда ты вернешься? (When will you come back?)" He peered his head up, showing a clear brusise to the side of his head. "Папа был очень расстроен! (Papa has been very upset!)" He whinced further.
Britain took a step back, looking up and around the room to see if the boy's father was anywhere close.
"Россия... что ты здесь делаешь? (What are you doing here?)" He had still retained the language.
"Россия!" Someone else called for the boy near the other side of the room.

At the very sound of their voice, Russia froze up on the spot. He turned his head around to see his father slowly catching up. Without further thought, he grasped his hands into his pockets and took out a few folded pieces of paper. Instead of handing them over, he forcibly placed them in Britain's hands before retreating off to his father. Soviet. Who stood just a metres away from the group. Both America and Canada stood in front of Britain with an audible this in thier step. It was enough to catch the attention of a fair few people, who watched in fear as the two superpowers looked at each other with scornful expressions.

"Don't argue about anything personal before a meeting, please!" Was the best UN could say.
Aa tense silence filled the room as Soviet glared his eyes at Britain with a gentle care. A small blush formed from him, but was not recipricated. Instead, Britain had a rather wide eyed stare, one which resembled that of a deer, or rabbit, or small bird. When the taller realised he wouldnt get the chance to speak with Britain, he stepped away. Could he try later?

The meeting went by, albeit more tense than most. Regardless, right after the meeting, Soviet felt it be necessary to approach Britain without any warning. But, again, he was met with opposition and a fearful look from his old lover. What more could he do?

~~~

On the car ride back, while his sons were speaking with each other happily, Britain was more focused on the handful of papers Russia had so urgently given him. There must of beena bout six of them, some being more neatly folded than others. He unfolded each one with care and read the various different handwritings, each with varying readability. From what he could make out, they all had the same idea:
'Please come back! Papa is very mad that you're not here!'
It twisted at Britain's heart, but he knew he wouldn't be going back.

"What are you reading?" America asked.
"Just the thing Russia gave to me. He and his siblings just miss me, is all." Britain replied solemnly.
Canada pouted,
"He could using his kids as a way to bring you back!"
"The commie has more kids?" America interrupted, as if that were more imporant.
Britain nodded,
"About fifteen —"
"What?!" America laughed in an awkward manner. "No way, that's not possible!"
Him and brother laughed at the idea further, questioning how that'd even be possible. All the while, Britain just looked out the window, wondering how each child was doing.

---

(( yeah, yeah, the chapter's a bit short. I'm making up for it next chapter dw. ALSO! Guys, I am flabbergasted. 1: 13k views on this now. 2: over 100 followers on instagram... Okay, okay, I'll write the oneshot between Wales and China
Anyways, love y'all<3))