Chapter 23 • Setting up for...

((you guys are so feral 😭😭😭
Anywaysss. Enjoy this <3))

---

No one's POV:

The morning sky was dry, not cloudless, but dry. Just pure white clouds with occasional blue to break it up. The sun happily beamed it's rays down and made the morning gorgeous. It was much different to the previous night. Just pure rain spitting angrily at the ground and windows. It spat loudly, too, as if it didn't want anyone to sleep that night. But, for Britain, it had the opposite effect. It was exactly what he liked to hear while he dozed off. It was tranquil; perfect for the day Britain had yesterday. Had it gone on for longer, perhaps he would've snapped. Perhaps he would've acted out in a way he'd hate to.

He awoke in a sudden excitement, knowing exactly who'd be visiting him today. And best of all, perhaps no one would be in the way of them this time. It made him all giddy inside. He got suited up and began to brew up a cup of tea, listening to the early birds as he did so. It soothed his ears and thoughts, leaving him without any overthinking or stress.

An abrupt knocking caused Britain to jump up in excitement. He rushed up to the door, swinging it open to stare right at the face of his lover.
"Soviet..!" He called out quietly, immediately hugging his arms around his lover.
Soviet bent his knees down to be at head-to-head level with, begrudgingly, his newfound romantic partner. He hugged back. Britain slowly moved his head to his lover's face. Soviet knew exactly what he was trying to do.
"Hey, hey... Британия! I have my son with me – not so quickly!" He let go and stood aside, showing off his son who was standing behind him.
Russia waved shyly to, who he assumed was, his father's work friend. Or something of that nature... He wasn't too sure. But, he was sure that Britain was meant to be a friend.
"Привет!"
Britain let out a small gasp; half from shock, half from embarrassment.
"O–oh! I didn't see! I'm sorry— Privi–yet!" He soon responded.

Britain allowed the two inside, taking them to the dinning room first. Without any further discussion, he asked,
"Would you like some tea at all?"
"Да," Soviet answered, then tooking to his son and repeating it to his son in Russian.
Russia nodded cheerfully, "Да! Yes!"
He knew a few phrases in English – not enough to get by, but enough for short conversation. And his pronunciation was well off, too. It made Britain slightly jealous knowing he wasn't even confident in the few words he knew in Russian. But, he needn't dwell on that. He had two cuppas to make!

Once he returned, he stood at the doorway for a moment to watch as the two guests spoke their native tongue. To Britain, it looked less like father–son talk and more boss–worker talk, but he wouldn't say anything about it. It could just be family differences afterall. He brought the tea to both of them, placing it on the table. Soviet took a swig, probably burning his entire throat as he did so. His son eyes the steam rise up and debate whether or not he should drink it immediately. But, upon seeing his own father do so, he tried the exact same thing. The moment the beverage touched his poor tongue, he spat it out from the intense heat and spilled part of it on the table. As soon as it happened, he flinched his head down, as far as it could from his father. But, when he didn't feel his father's hand reach down at him, he slowly raised his head in shame.

"Are you alright?" Britain asked in a calm, protective voice.
Soviet kept silent. Russia stayed still, embarrassed at his blunder and unsure of what to do.
"I'll go get a tissue!" Britain offered, not wasting a single moment to grab a few tissues and clean up the mess.
It wasn't at all a burden to him. It'd be horrible to scold a child for a mistake. Wouldn't it? Eventually, Soviet did speak up,
"Sorry for that."
"Oh, don't worry about it! Kids made mistakes all the time," Britain said as he warmly smiled at the both of them.
His tone brought just enough comfort to Russia to where he didn't look as if he'd jsut seen a ghost. He smiled back and, this time, sipped carefully at the hot tea.

The rest of the morning was filled with small talk and tea drinking. The sun was at the mid-way point of mid-day; noon. The birds chirping outside caught the youngests attention, but that's more because the adults were speaking English.
"I'm sorry I brought my son with me. I couldn't get someone to take care of him"
"No, no! It's quite alright! I don't mind–"
Soviet was insistent;
"Listen, if we go out at all, I might be able to get one of my allies to take care of my son for some time. Some have already gone home, but I know a few that are staying just for an extra day or so."
"You don't need to, it's fine! But... If you wanted to do something together, then..." Britain began to smile giddily.

Soviet's POV:

I hate what I've gotten into. I don't want anyone else finding out about this.
"Конечно, конечно (sure, sure), we could go out later if you wish...?"
Britain is not a woman! I should not be going out on dates with this man! (If he can even be called that).
"Really?" Is he forgetting that my son is right nex to us with that tone he's using?!
"Британец," I usher as I nod my head to my son.
Russia is now looking at us oddly. Great.
"Папа, о чем ты говоришь? (Papa, what are you talking about?)" He asks.
"Ничего важного (nothing important)," I respond.

If I'm going to go a date with this man, then I need to leave my son with someone else. But who...? A good few of my allies had already gone home. I know China and North are here. North isn't... He's not the best influence for my son, but if I leave him the care of China then North is guaranteed to join him. Actually, Cuba is still here, and she's not that bad. I'll just leave him with her. It'll be fine.

~~~

China's POV:

A gleam of sunlight shines through the window and onto my face. As I shuffle around in bed, I am reminded that I'm not in my own home. I'm in some hotel in the middle of London. I can feel an ick just covering me as I lay. It's disgusting; I need a shower.

Once I've washed and changed into new clothes, I sit down for the time being. I'm not busy at all today. If I were back home, I'd love to suffocate myself with work, but there simply isn't much to do here. Just absolute silence. Well, it was completely quiet until I heard a few voices from out the door. It sounded like an argument.

I open the door to see one of my personnel (or bodyguard you could also say) shooing away someone who looks just familiar, but I can't figure out why. But, I soon realise why I recognize them. This certain someone shifts from a human appearance into a CH one.

"Bore da, China!" Wales quickly says, holding back my personnel as he is nearly pushed away.
"沒關係,我一直在等他. (It's fine, I was expecting him)," I tell them before they do anything rash, "早上好 (good morning) to you too, Wales." I utter to him.
It's quite odd to think that he'd just show up in human appearance. Does he trust me that much? I suppose he does; though he also has evidence on me, so I suppose there's that too.

"Britain told me you wanted to see me?" He says, looking up and down the empty corridor.
I nod,
"You did say we could meet up last time we chat, did you not?"
"I suppose I did agree to it," he shrugs with that undescribable expression, "well, did you want to go anywhere or...?"

An emptiness strikes my stomach. I haven't eaten yet today... I suppose that'd be a good place to start,
"We could get some food first." I suggest.

---

((I know it's short, but forgive me :((( next chapter is better ong. I'm just busy with other projects lol))