ch. 1 - the box (container?)

should i do it? no it's too cringy. ah, he's going to feel all embarrassed. shotaro gripped the container that once held mints. he painted it various shades of blue and a light purple, topping the design off with happy faces and stars. 

bored out of his mind last night, he decided to paint over the box/container and drop in some compliments he had written on paper. 

(i can't remember the actual compliments so i'll make some up)

can i just tell you that you're the most beautiful person i've ever seen?

you're so good at what you do, even if you don't think so, in my eyes, you're the best.

i'm not complete without you.

he let his head drop on the desk, sighing. he's gonna think these are so annoying. he thought with a groan, slipping the last compliment into the container. about 20? i think that's 20.

yuta

i'm gonna do it.

you sure?

yeah

well good luck, don't cry about anything.

i wont

goodnight shotaro

goodnight

shotaro collapsed onto his bed, turning his lamp off and snuggling into the warmth of his comforters. 

tomorrow. he smiled.

~

shotaro shuffled into first period with a pout, scanning around the classroom until he met eyes with park wonbin who offered a small wave, which he returned.

"guys, you guys have a new project to work on today, so get into groups!" mr. moon shouted so the class could hear. "projects are due next week." 

shotaro gulped. a project? he had sungchan in the class, but he was sick. he claimed it was the common cold, but it seemed more serious than what he was describing it as.

but being the confident kid he is and noticing that wonbin didn't have a partner, shotaro approached the etherial-looking boy with a grin. "hey uh--wonbin, do you want to be partners?"

the latter looked up at the older boy with wide eyes. the corners of his mouth lifted up into a slight smile. "sure." my heart just exploded.

his grin only growing wider, shotaro sat down next to his crush happily, pulling out his laptop to open google slides. "okay, so which one do you want to present..."

~

the older boy played with the container, never averting his eyes from wonbin. "uhm, wonbin, i have something for you."

the said boy raised his eyebrows, still with that smile that was so subtle but so gentle and kind. shotaro loved it so damn much. "what is it?" 

shotaro brought up the container, watching wonbin tilt his head, which he found so cute. "what's this?"

"it's just--just open it when you get home." the japanese boy turned away, hiding the redness that creeped up his cheeks. he's gonna think i'm so weird.

he couldn't help but watch wonbin marvel at the container in curiosity. the way his eyes, those brown orbs with stars circling in them, the galaxies they held, it was too captivating for shotaro.

"thanks."

"huh?" the older boy blinked his eyes erratically, watching as the latter let out a light chuckle.

"thanks for this."

a/n:

wontaro book yay ig