ch. 10 - birthday pt. 2

-not based off of real life-

shotaro was on the edge of his seat, clapping and exhausted from laughter once lucas and kevin performed "friday" in front of everyone shamelessly. 

after their amazing show, keeho joined them as they all performed "low". sohee, eunseok, ricky, and wonbin sat back, content with not participating at all and only cheering their friends on.

seunghan and shotaro stepped up to sing "what makes you beautiful" by one direction. seunghan was a mic hog as always. thankfully, shotaro managed to slip into the chorus.

the blonde boy faced wonbin with a small smile, never averting eye contact while singing the lyrics "baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, but when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell, you don't know, you don't know you're beautiful."

once the chorus was finished, shotaro noticed the wide grin on wonbin's face. his own smile grew with joy.

eunseok, catching the interaction between the two, hugged wonbin close to him. as a result, shotaro turned away, centering his focus on the karaoke with seunghan. lucas stole the mic from the boy, now performing love talk with the birthday boy.

seunghan burst into the karaoke room with bags of chips...and a bottle of vodka. ricky was quick to shoot up and snatch the bottle away from him with a scowl. "dude! shotaro's a damn seventeen year old!" the korean shrugged in response.

"who cares? it's his birthday! hell, i got my first drunk experience at sixteen!" 

"that's why you had a heart attack two months ago, dude." sohee swatted the bottle of vodka away. "besides, we're koreans. my dad had like two shots and he fell down one singular stair."

"shotaro's a japanese boy." kevin tapped his temple as if he was the smartest boy in the world. ricky slapped the boy on the shoulder.

"that doesn't change the fact that he's seventeen, though. also, the low alcohol tolerance probably applies to a lot of asians in general."

"alright, alright." seunghan backed down. "whatever."

shotaro was unfazed by this. he was with lucas at the front of the room, singing his heart out. that was, until he was given a rather large glass of lemonade by seunghan. he didn't think much of it as he downed the drink; all of the karaoke singing had made him thirsty. he stuck out his tongue in disgust once he finished the drink. "ew, dude, what is this?"

seunghan suppressed a smile from growing on his face. "i dunno? it's just lemonade, man."

shotaro held his head in his hands. he offered the mic to seunghan who accepted. he felt dizzy. what was in that lemonade?

now under the influence but unaware of it, shotaro collapsed onto wonbin. the younger boy, surprised by this, let shotaro snake his arms around his waist, a pained expression on his face. "shotaro?" he rubbed the boy's back. "you good?"

groaning as a response, shotaro hid his face in wonbin's shoulder. "dizzy. gimme m'phone pleshe." his words slurred together lazily. wonbin complied, but his eyes widened in shock once shotaro's fingers typed erratically. he felt a vibration in his back pocket.

shotaro

HIIIII here's ur rant cuz im boredddd I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BINNN IM GONNA BURST ANTOIER ARTERUERYRYTIME I SEE U THERES LIKE THIS AURA AROHND YOU AND I JUST WANNA HOLD YOU AND NEVR LET YOU GO AND I WILL KEEP TALKIJNG TO U BC I GENRUINYL WANT TO KNOW WHATS UP AND WHAT UR DOOING 25/8(if you think im fucking whupped then you are absoleutey correct)UR SO AMZAZING AND YOURE OUT HERE LOOKING SO GODAFM GOOD WITH NO EFORTFUCKMY GODI THINK IM DRUNK HAHAHAI LOVE YOU I THANK YOU FOR COMING TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY AAAAA MY ANGEL 

shotaro looked up at the boy with big eyes, and wonbin didn't even know how to respond to that. suspicious, he stood up, walking over to seunghan who was passionately belting out "chandelier" by sia. he tapped on the boy's shoulder. "hey bitch, what did you do to shotaro?"

seunghan fanned himself. "oh, nothing too bad. 9 shots of vodka fit pretty nicely in that glass cup." wonbin's jaw dropped at that statement. he grabbed the boy by his shirt collar.

"you fucking gave him 9 shots of vodka?! what did we just say about him being seventeen?" now he was mad. seunghan had single-handedly ruined shotaro's birthday party with 9 shots of vodka, enough to kill the boy of alcohol poisoning.

"hey, chill, dude." seunghan seemed drunk himself, his eyes moving every passing second. "i just wanted to give him an authentic experience."

wonbin slapped the boy across his face. "motherfucker."

he let go of seunghan's collar, whipping out his phone instead to dial 119 in a panic. shit i need to tell the others first. he ran over to the rest of the group who were watching youtube on a couch. "i'm dialing 119."

their heads all snapped towards him in shock. sungchan was the first one to question it. "why?"

wonbin pointed towards the singing boy. "that dumbass put 9 fucking shots of vodka in shotaro's drink. that's literally enough to kill the poor kid." sungchan gasped. he ran over to his best friend. "tell me how he is, sungchan. is he okay?!"

the older boy felt shotaro's forehead, then checked his pulse. "he's breathing. asleep, but breathing." wonbin sighed in relief. he pressed the call button. 

"hello? my friend has drank 9 shots of vodka within 5 minutes, and i don't know if he's going to be okay. we're at ####-#####. please get here soon, thank you." once wonbin was off the call with the operator, he turned back to sungchan. "call shotaro's mom and tell her to get over here now."