ch. 16 - stupid smile

"you bitch." wonbin muttered, the tears in his eyes leaving a trail of fire down onto his neck and soaking his collar. "what did you even say that made him feel this way?!"

eunseok reluctantly stood up, a broken smile of rejection displayed on his face. "i...i like you, wonbin. i just...i wasn't ready for you to suddenly let another guy into your life like this.

wonbin bit his lip. unknowingly, he actually developed maybe the slightest feeling for eunseok too over the years. but shotaro was the priority. he knew it in his heart.

"just go find shotaro." sohee spoke, wrapping his arm around the brokenhearted boy in sympathy.

wonbin nodded. he bolted downstairs to the sixth grade lunch tables. shotaro would always wait for his brother ni-ki there, and even though both of them weren't in elementary, they found comfort in the yellow table. it was reminiscent of their happier times.

once he made eye contact with the blonde boy, a relieved smile spread across his face. jisung was right. with shotaro, that same stupid grin never left his lips.

"osaki shotaro." he whispered, letting every syllable dance with the wind.

the japanese boy stared at him blankly, dumbfounded and completely taken aback. "what?" was all he could muster.

park wonbin, the rumored "straight guy", "blowhard", "fuckboy", was making an effort to...speak to shotaro, even after his sudden display of anger.

wonbin, noting the older boy's wide eyes of disbelief, let out a breathy chuckle. "eunseok told me everything. i'm sorry..." he raked his fingers soothingly through shotaro's blonde locks. "that he made you feel this way."

unknowingly, shotaro relaxed into the latter's touch, the corners of his mouth rising up in a warm smile. he hummed.

"what, happy now?" the younger boy laughed at his friend's cuteness. "look at me, taro."

the said boy complied, tilting his head back to meet with the hypnotic brown eyes. wonbin smiled, leaned forward,

and pecked shotaro's cheek.