ch. 17 - sungtaro

"...and he kissed my cheek! he kissed me, sungchan!" shotaro reminisced dreamily, clinging onto sungchan's arm while the younger boy smiled proudly.

"i'm happy for you." he said, scrolling through his phone. "you finally got your dream."

"if it wasn't for you, i wouldn't even have faith in the first place, even though wonbin somehow figured it out himself without me telling him." shotaro laughed. he slapped his best friend. "i love you, sungchan. thank you so much."

"ew. disgusting." the latter gagged, shoving the blonde boy away from him. "but i love you too, i guess. even if you're an annoying dumbass sometimes."

shotaro clicked his tongue. "aw, c'mere." he threw himself around sungchan in a tight embrace.

"am i still your best friend?" the brunette questioned, his voice barely faltering at the dreaded possibility. shotaro scoffed.

"of course you are, idiot. you always have been. now tell me, how have things have been going with seunghan-"

"we're not together, asshole. you set us up, for god's sake!" the latter jokingly punched shotaro, sending him into an eruption of giggles. "do you really think i'd hook up with the guy who nearly killed you?"

shotaro took a swig out of his water bottle, setting it back down on the floor of the bus with a frown. he leaned towards sungchan.

"sohee and yujin have been shipping us for too long." he whispered, his voice laced with an evident layer of seriousness. "if you announce you're dating someone, it'll stop. don't we want that?"

sungchan shut his phone off, heaving a long sigh. "taro. are you really that concerned about the shipping stuff? it shouldn't bother you too much; we're never getting into a relationship any time soon."

"fine." shotaro leaned into his best friend with a lengthy exhale. "i just hate how much they tease us about it. you're pan and im gay, i guess they thought it'd be a perfect ship or something."

"hold that thought." sungchan hopped up from his seat, scanning around the bus' interior and glancing out the window. he grabbed shotaro's wrist. "this is our stop. let's go."

"woah, slow down, dude!" the blonde boy hurriedly shrugged his jacket and backpack on, resisting the pull of sungchan's hand. "gimme a minute!"

"get the fuck up!" sungchan finally managed to pull shotaro from his seat, putting his arm around his best friend's shoulder and walking off the bus with him. "now lets play animal crossing and sing karaoke until we lose our voices."

sungchan: najaeminindisguise

you're the best.