ch. 19 - oh boy.

"good morning y'all, how was your weekend—oh boy." anton's eyes widened once he noticed shotaro and sungchan slumped onto the bench with equally exhausted expressions. "woah, what's up with you two?"

"nightmare." sungchan yawned, weakly opening his laptop. "the typical initial shock and short cry whatever."

"gotchu." anton hummed. "and you, taro?"

the said boy stayed silent, bloodshot eyes glued to his notebook as he jotted down unintelligible words. anton snapped his fingers in front of his not-closing eyes in a failed attempt to catch his attention. "dude, what in the world is keeping you alive right now?"

"5 shots of espresso and dried tears from sobbing all night." shotaro finally muttered in a raspy voice. "writing my struggle is the only thing keeping me sane."

sungchan snatched the notepad from his best friend's freezing hands, scanning over the pages. he handed it back with a puzzled frown. "these are just scribbles, taro."

"hey guys." wonbin coughed out, sitting down next to shotaro and pounding his chest repeatedly. "water went down the wrong pipe. my bad. anyways, how are you, taro?" he enveloped his crush in a gentle hug, but to his surprise, the japanese boy just rejected his affection.

"no..you were...with sohee...talking....sex-"

"SEX?" anton's jaw dropped. "yall had sex? please note that you guys are only like sixteen and should be using proper protection oh my jesus—"

sungchan snapped his fingers in realization. "ohh, that's right, sohee and bin were joking about some stupid bet on the group chat." he clapped his hands with an entertained grin. "peak comedy."

"noooo." shotaro feebly punched the brunette's shoulder. "i didn't like it. i've been writing about it.." it seemed as if the poor blonde boy was about to pass out at any moment.

"is that what's been keeping you up all night?!" anton raised his eyebrow. once shotaro nodded shamefully, he shook his head in disbelief. "damn, wonbin, you've got yourself a jealous one here."

the said boy pouted, squeezing shotaro's hand. "hey, that was a joke. you realize i'll probably never get together with sohee? he's just my best friend, nothing more."

those words, he's just my best friend, nothing more, opened a tunnel where anger began to flow through and flood sungchan's body. he clenched his fist so hard that crescent indentations appeared in his skin.

"alright...i'm still...sad." shotaro whined, until wonbin quickly pecked his cheek with a soft smile. his demeanor shifted, and now the older boy was as awake as ever.

"you're in no condition to continue school right now, taro. go ask your parents to pick you up." wonbin ran his hand down the boy's back in an attempt to calm the other boy. shotaro nodded.

"mkay...bye.."

wonbin slowly let shotaro's hand slip from his longing grip, waving his hand once the bell rang, which signaled to all students that the first block was about to start.

shotaro heaved a sigh, rolling up his left sleeve and examining the cuts which trailed up to his shoulder.

until an alarming reminder popped into his head.

wait, isn't dc in like, a week?!

ugh, who the fuck am i gonna sit with? sleep with? some random person?