Chapter 6 Hangout

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

Why was there a knock at my door?

There was a knock on my door first thing in the morning. I was frightened when I opened the door because I thought it was Sukuna but I was relieved to see Yuji. He had a hard time looking me in the face as his eyes kept shifting to his feet. 

"Morning Yuji" I greeted him as he hadn't spoken yet

"M-morning" his voice was uneasy as he replied to me

"Are you okay Yuji?" I asked noticing his strange behavior

"I heard you ran into Sakuna-" After saying his brother's name Yuji became silent

I had been trying to forget about Sukuna. I didn't want to talk about him before I even had a cup of coffee. However, Yuji looked so guilty so I knew I had to talk about him.

"Yeah he was trying to bother me but Geto scared him away" I try to sound carefree not wanting to worry Yuji further

"Nothing scares Sukuna-" Yuji's voice sounded so monotone "-he has fights he sees as worth fighting then there are the fights the fights he sees as a waste of time. Those fights he doesn't even bother fighting."

I didn't want to stand here talking about Sakuna especially with his room right next to mine. If Sukuna came out of his room and saw Yuji he might try to fight him. There was no way I could save Yuji if Sukuna tried to kill him again. 

"Would you like to go get some breakfast Yuji?" I asked wanting to get away from this room

Yuji's eyes snapped to me they were large looking at me baffled "You still want to hang out with me" he asked

"Of course-" I said with a laugh "-I wouldn't stop being your friend just because of you crazy family member. Trust me I have my family members I'm not proud of myself" 

"Thanks for understanding Y/n now let's go eat"

"No problem just give me a moment to get dressed," I said shutting the door so I could change

Now that I was moving around the room I could feel how sore my body was. Maki was expecting me to train with her after class today. I didn't know how I was going to do that when my body felt like it was going to fall apart at any moment. I got my uniform on only after saying "ow" a hundred times. I reached into one of the boxes that held my clothes and was able to find some black tights. Now I wouldn't feel so exposed in my short skirt. I had been able to shower after Mahito had left last night so I was able to get ready quickly. Yuji was still waiting for me after I got ready. 

"Are you ready," I asked Yuji as I locked my bedroom door

"Let's go eat"

I followed Yuji through the dorm room hall. He walked slower matching my speed as he could tell I was still sore. We walked to the convenience store that was close to the school. Yuji got all types of snacks and I settled on a raceball and a cold bottle of coffee. I would need the caffeine if I was going to train later. Yuji and I were walking side by side as we made our way back to the school.