Chapter 9 Contact

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

It had been a few days since the hangout at the shopping center. Everything was going smoothly as I hadn't run into trouble in a while. My lessons with Ino were always short and not very informative. If it wasn't for Maki I wouldn't be learning anything. I had training with her and the other second-years after lessons every day. 

Even though Maki was working her hardest at making my body strong it was still hard work. The pushups and running were exhausting but each day I could do more and run further. Now fighting was a different story. I couldn't last a second with Maki before she had me on my back. Even despite the lack of fighting skills. Maki was certain I would kick ass eventually. 

Now Panda and Toge had both been helping me control my curse energy. At first, I was certain I had no curse energy but they both disagreed since I had been able to see curses. Then one day I had been able to make a dime-sized curse energy appear in my palms. It was still uncertain what type of curse user I would be but the possibility was there. 

After a long session with Panda on working to control my curse energy I whipped. My body was exhausted as I slumped to the ground taking a well-deserved brake. The sun was setting so there were plenty of shadows to keep me cool. My eyes were closed as I was just too tired to focus on calming my beating heart. I flinch when something wet and cold is placed against my neck. 

Toge had placed a cold water bottle to the side of my neck "Salmon" he muttered

Even though we had been around each other for a week now this was the first time we had been alone. I wasn't certain what he was saying but I assumed he was offering me the drink. I took the water bottle from him. He then sat on the ground beside me with his own bottle of water to drink. 

"Thank you," I said as I drank the water I was given. The cool liquid felt nice going down my throat. 

I wanted to talk to Toge but thought it would be useless if I didn't understand his reply. Then I had an idea. I pulled my phone out of my pocket "Hey Toge do you want to exchange numbers so we can talk until I understand your language" I asked holding my phone out to him 

"Salmon" Toge muttered as he took my phone. After he input his number he handed my phone back to me.

I quickly sent a text just saying hi "I sent a text to your number so if you see a text that said Hi it's just me" After sending the text I slid my phone back into my pocket

I noticed a small smile on Toge's face as he programmed my number into his phone. Then my phone dinged. I pulled it back out seeing the screen displayed '1 new message Toge Inumaki'. I touch the screen to display the new message it reads 'It's nice to meet you Y/n'. I let out a small chuckle thinking what Toge had done was adorable. Instead of talking, I decided to message him back it read 'It's nice to meet you as well Toge. I hope we can become great friends.' We sent a message back and further asked basic questions about favorite movies, colors, books, manga, and just other general questions.