Chapter 7 Shadow

Y/n Pov

Y/n Pov

I couldn't keep my eye off the tall buildings in Tokyo. Even though I had lived in Tokyo since I was a kid I had never been allowed the freedom to explore. So getting to walk around the city was amazing. 

My eyes shifted around as I took in the sights but I didn't miss the building becoming less appealing. They became more run down and not as big as the other buildings I found so nice. I had been looking at a suspicious ramen shop when I smacked into the back of someone. My face had collided with the back of my upperclassman I had been assigned to shadow. 

"Keep your eyes open L/n" 

"Sorry Nanami" I apologize as Nanami started to walk away again forcing me to follow

I met Nanami at the front of the school this morning before we left for our mission. Nanami hadn't spoken much past a simple introduction. We walked in silence which was a change of pace for me. After being around Yuji so much it was nice to have silence. 

Nanami stopped again this time in front of a rundown building. It was a large brick structure with two floors. It was abandoned. It had broken windows and chipped paint, and there were no lights on. There was a courtyard in front of the building where the grass was overgrown and bushes untrimmed. The worst thing about it was the massive amount of curse energy emanating out of it.

"What is this place" I asked

"It was a hospital that opened in the 1960 but by 1991 they were forced to close-" he explained as he walked towards the hospital forcing me to follow "-This place had a lot of patients die thanks to the neglect from doctors and nurses. It was eventually nicknamed, hospital of hell, not very original if you ask me. All those deaths made the perfect place for a curse to grow"

"that's awful" I couldn't help but be sorrowful for all those poor souls who died here

Nanami held the door open for me "Ladies first" 

Even though I didn't want to I stepped into the building so I would appear brave in front of my upperclassman. As I walked in I was surprised to see it still looked like an actual hospital lobby. There was a front desk with a clunky computer. Then there were enough chairs for people to sit in. There was dust hanging in the air tickling my nose. If anyone else had stepped in here they would have just thought it was a normal abandoned building but it wasn't. I could feel the massive amount of curse energy giving a heavy present to the whole building. I flinched as Nanami shut the door behind us.

"So Y/n how good are you at fighting" Nanami asked

Nanami's question shouldn't have embarrassed me but it did "I-I've n-never fought a curse before.......or anyone" 

I peeked at Nanami. He looked like he was about to smack himself in the forehead. It hurt that I had disappointed him so much. He took in a deep breath before blowing it out.