Chapter 11 Home

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

The best thing about Saturday is getting to sleep in without the rush of having to get ready for school. Instead of sleeping my phone ringing was waking me. I had ignored it the first few times it rang letting it go to voice mail but now this person was calling back for the fourth time it had to be serious. 

I grabbed the rectangular device that was vibrating as it rang on my nightstand. The light blinded me as turn the device to my face. I squint my eyes reading the name on the screen.

Aunty.

I pressed the answer button knowing that my Aunt wouldn't leave me alone until I answered her. As soon as I placed the phone against my ear I heard my Aunt cursing loudly. I flinch away from the phone as I had forgotten how annoying her voice was. 

"H-hello" my voice was rough as I spoke making it obvious I had just woken up

"You lazy girl get up I want you home by lunchtime" My aunt shouted at me

"What?" I was still confused as I had just woken up and my brain was still foggy "You want me home?" 

My Aunt let out a scoff as she spoke to me "That's what I said you stupid girl be here for lunch and make sure you are dressed nice. I want you in a dress with makeup and hair done. Don't you dare be late." with that my Aunt hung up  on me

I let my phone drop from my hand as I lay back on the bed. There was a stone setting in my gut at the thought of seeing my Aunt again. Why did she want me to come over? I guess I would have to go to find out. 

                                                                       💮💮💮💮

I fidget with the sun dress I decided to wear. It wasn't hard to decide what to wear as I only had two other dresses. My hair was pulled away from my face as my aunt always hated when I would use it to hide my reactions from her. When it came to make up I didn't know much about it. I knew the basics at best but I did notice that it enhanced my already beautiful features. 

I couldn't believe I was here again in front of the large door that led to my Aunt's house. Instead of knocking on the door, I was trying to straighten the wrinkles on my dress. I knew it wouldn't work without an iron but that didn't stop me from trying.

My body flinched as the door opened. I half expected it to be my aunt but I calmed quickly when I saw Helena. Helena had been a maid for the L/n clan back when my mother was a kid. She was the closest thing to an actual mother I had since I lost my own. So when her wrinkled face pulled into a bright smile it felt nice. 

"I knew you be out here fidgetting instead of coming inside" Helena's voice was warm

She had been born in Canada and lived there till she was twenty so her accent was different than my own. I had asked her once why she never went back to Canada all she would say was that there was nothing there for her. Then she would pat my head before smiling at me.