CHAPTER 27

Phayu's POV:

I let out another sigh, my heart heavy with the weight of his absence,unable to focus on my work.

"Why don't you take your depressed ass home?" I heard Pai's annoying voice.

"What will I do there when my soul, my baby is not with me?" I lazily replied.

"Seriously, Phayu, it's just two days, and he'll be back tomorrow. You're acting like your omega has been gone for months," his annoying voice persisted.

"Why don't you shut up and leave my office? Go to your room, don't piss me off." I threw a file at him.

"You're lovesick," he remarked, exiting my office.

"Not lovesick, but deprived of my omega," I whispered to the empty space.

It's only two days since my baby left for a college trip, and he'll be back tomorrow. But how am I supposed to spend one more day without him?

The air around me turned stifling, like oxygen had deserted my lungs. I craved his sweet pheromones, his delicate frame enveloped in my arms, his lips tender against my skin, and the warmth of his soft hands intertwined with mine.

"Oh, how I miss my sweet little omega."

I finished my work and left for home. I reached home and saw Paa and Dad sitting together.

"Hey Paa, hey Dad."

"You're home, my son," Paa said, enveloping me in a Comforting hug.

"What happened? Why is your face like this?" Paa asked, looking at my face.

"He's missing his omega, honey," Dad teased.

"Our baby will be back tomorrow, Venice. Don't worry," Paa consoled me, but I'm not in the mood. I want my omega with me.

"Yeah, Paa."

Then I went to my room. When I opened the door, it's empty as usual, the same for the past two nights.

I took a shower and changed into night clothes.

I took one of my baby's clothes, inhaling his scent. It somehow keeps me sane, but it's not enough. I want him with me.

I lay down on the bed, hugging his pillow and keeping his clothes close to me. Only they can save me now before I go insane, missing him.

"Ahhh, when will you be back, baby? Your alpha is missing you."

I woke up in the morning feeling someone's hands crawling on my skin. I can feel the heat of the body, just like my baby, but he won't be back until afternoon. Then who is this?

I open my eyes and see the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my life.

"Yeah, that's my omega, but what is he doing here? How beautiful he looks when he smiles."

I touch his face to see if I'm dreaming.

"Good morning, alpha," his voice, a soothing melody, echoed, followed by a tender kiss on my lips.

My eyes widen in shock; it's my baby.

I immediately hugged him tightly, leaving no space between us.

"Owww, Alpha, you're squeezing the life out of me," his voice teased, prompting me to loosen my grip but not release him.

"What are you doing here so early?" I ask, hiding my face in the space between his neck to inhale my favorite scent, my baby's pheromones.