CHAPTER - 2

ELLE

The sound of the phone ringing broke the silence in my room, just as I was immersed in my favorite novel for the umpteenth time. With a smile on my face, I accepted the call, and my parent's faces appeared on the screen.

"Hey there, mom and dad!" I cheerfully greeted them.

"How's everything going with you and Liam?" My mom inquired.

"We're doing great, mom."

"Oh, we miss you both so much." My dad chimed in, his voice filled with warmth. My heart melted at my parent's words.

"Well, guess what, dear? We have a surprise for you!" My mom exclaimed.

Leaning closer to the screen, I eagerly asked. "What is it, mom?"

"We've decided to cook pumpkin pasta for dinner tonight." My mom revealed, excitement evident in her voice. The mere thought of my favorite dish made my mouth water. The creamy, savory flavors danced in my mind, instantly making me crave a delicious bite.

"No way! You're not supposed to make it while I'm away!"

"Yeah, and we even made extra, hoping you'd magically appear here!" My dad added.

"Well, I wish I could be there too, but I'll settle for imagining the taste. I can't wait to have your cooking again." I sighed.

"So, Elle, tell us about your first day. How was it?" Mom enquired.

"It was alright. I met a few people and got to explore the campus."

"We'll talk soon, Elle. The pasta is getting cold. Bye!" Dad said.

"Bye! I love you both."

As soon as I ended the call, my bedroom door creaked open, and Liam cautiously stepped inside. I turned to face him. "What's on your mind, Liam? Something bothering you?"

He nervously fidgeted with his hands. "Elle, I just wanted to apologize for earlier. I didn't mean to lose my temper like that."

I shrugged, trying to ease the tension. "We all have our moments, you know."

Relief washed over his face. "I'm glad you understand."

"But still, what's going on between you and him?" I asked, genuinely curious.

He responded with a touch of disinterest in his voice. "Cameron Smith is none of your concern."

"Well, I'm off to the library to grab a few novels. Care to join me?" I said, in an attempt to change the subject.

Liam shook his head and replied. "Nah, the library isn't really my scene." We both shared a laugh, and I eagerly headed towards the library, excited to immerse myself in more cute and romantic novels that would feed my delusion.

I felt the cool evening breeze gently brush against my face as I hurried towards the library. Enjoying the view and sounds around me, I cherished this chance to clear my mind. After ten minutes, I reached the library.

I always found peace in reading books, it's why I did it so often. This place was my escape from reality, a place where I can delve into stories that transport me to different worlds and experiences the intensity of love and emotion. I find myself daydreaming about the characters, their struggles, and most importantly their undeniable chemistry.

I stepped into the library and strolled down the aisle at a leisurely pace, completely engulfed by a vast ocean of books. The dim lit atmosphere created an ambiance that was soothing. I began searching for my favorite book, and found a peaceful spot to sit, read and immerse myself in the world of fiction.