1

I don't own Star Wars, I only own my original characters and the plot of this story.

Tw: Blood. 

"You've got to be kidding." Wolffe stared at his datapad, his newest set of orders on the screen.

"What is it?" Sinker peered over his shoulder to read it, letting out a laugh. "Oh, this is going to be good!"

"It's because we're the closest," Comet reasoned, also reading over Wolffe's shoulder.

"Obviously." Wolffe sent him a sharp look, turning the device off. "But why did it have to be us?"

"Us?" Sinker snorted. "No, I think this is your problem."

"This is for all of us to do. The whole battalion needs to do this," Wolffe countered. "We're fighting Separatists! We're protecting a potential Republic planet."

"No, you're protecting someone while the rest of us take a much needed vacation. It only takes one to guard some princess," Sinker smugly said. "Unless you need help to do it?"

"She's not a princess," Wolffe grumbled, "so get that straight before we get there. And I don't need help, I'm just saying it's stupid if only I'm doing it."

"Oh come on! It'll only be like a week until her parents sign the treaty! Then we can leave and all you have to do is watch some girl for a bit," Comet pointed out.

"This isn't only my responsibility though!" Wolffe glowered at them. "It's your duty as soldiers to protect civilians."

"Yeah but she only needs one guard. And it should be you since you're the commander." Sinker smirked as Wolffe sighed in defeat.

"Fine. But I expect you all to be on your best behaviour," Wolffe sternly said, grabbing his helmet from his desk. "We have to be on our best behaviour around the leaders of a planet."

"Dictators," Comet corrected with a slight frown. "They're the dictators of the planet."

"Leaders regardless," Wolffe shot back. "It doesn't matter to us how they lead, just that no one kills them."

"I'm excited to hit the beach!" Sinker enthusiastically said, pumping his fists.

"It's an ice planet. Lots of snow, not a lot of sand," Wolffe said in amusement, watching Sinker deflate.

"Great." Sinker crossed his arms with a scowl. "Just what I want on my vacation."

"It's not a vacation!" Wolffe pinched the bridge of his nose, tired of the pointless argument. "This is an important assignment!"

"Right." Sinker winked at Comet. "It's not a vacation."

"I'm making you come with me just because you said that," Wolffe said, his lips twitching upwards slightly. "Everyone else can do whatever they want."

"Did you just smile?" Sinker gasped, turning to Comet. "Did you see that? He just smiled!"

"No, I'd consider that a maybe smile," Comet thoughtfully said. "You almost did it."

"I'll get there one day," Sinker declared.

Wolffe crossed his arms. "I smile sometimes. When something funny happens."

"So I have to do something funny to het you to smile? Challenge accepted." Sinker ran off to tell the others.

"If you need any help, I'll help out," Comet promised Wolffe.

"Thanks, but I won't need it." Wolffe ran his finger along his helmet's paint designs. "How hard can it be?"