Tw: Illness, drugging? Language.

A KISS HAPPENS THIS CHAPTER.

"Wolffe?" Karina softly said as she knocked on the doorframe.

"Come in," Wolffe responded without looking up.

Karina walked inside his office, patiently waiting for him to finish with whatever it was he was doing. He eventually just sighed.

"Can I help you? I'm a bit busy." Wolffe's brow furrowed as he tapped away on the datapad.

"Um, I can come back later if it's not a good time." Karina already started walking to the door, but Wolffe held up a hand.

"Give me a minute," Wolffe requested. He swiped on the screen before placing the datapad on his desk. "Okay, what-" He shot up, his expression falling carefully blank. "What happened to your face?"

"Deto hit me," Karina told him. She recoiled when he tried to touch her red and bruised cheek, and his expression settled into one of fury, directed at Deto.

"What happened?" Wolffe asked, taking Karina's hand in his and moving his thumb in circles on the top of her hand.

"He threatened to bring me to my parents. And he hit me." Karina pressed her face against his chest as she shuddered in fear. "What do I do about this?"

"Report it to your commanding officer so he can take care of it." Wolffe pressed his forehead to hers. "Is that want you want to do? Because I can get him fired before he even knows what happened."

Karina hesitated. "Would that be too much?"

"He threatened your life and attacked you," Wolffe dryly said. "If that's not a reason to fire him, I don't know what is."

"Is it time for a lunch break yet?" Karina mumbled against Wolffe.

Wolffe chuckled. "How about I take the rest of the day off? I'll do the files another time."

"What should we do then? Just lunch is boring, and I'm going to Stunner right before dinner."
"Survival training room?" Wolffe suggested.

Karina nodded and pulled him out of the room, their hands still entwined. She started hurrying down the hallways, glancing back to smile at him.

And his stomach flipped and got all fluttery.

He should really see Stunner soon.

When they got there, Karina pointed at the control panel. "Can you make it cold again, please?"
Wolffe held on his chin contemplattedly. "Just please?"

Karina groaned. "Pretty please?"

Wolffe lifted her chin with two fingers. "I do like pretty things."

Like you.

Karina rolled her eyes. "Just do it."

Wolffe changed the settings, definitely not thinning about how gorgeous her lips looked.
Karina cheered as the artificial snow began falling, holding out hands to catch it.

"We should really get you a warm jacket," Wolffe remarked. "You're going to get sick eventually."

"I don't get sick," Karina stubbornly said.

Wolffe crossed his arms over his chest. "We'll see about that."

"Do they have hot chocolate here?" Karina asked, falling backwards into the dirt.

Wolffe settled next to her, stretching out his legs. "No."

"Why not?" Karina asked in disappointment.