12

Tw: Injuries, Blood.

Double update!

Bets are fun. They're a good way to pass the time. They bring people together.

Sometimes literally.

The current bet was whether any of them could get Wolffe and Karina together.

They each had different tactics on how to get the pair together. Bones was against the idea entirely, and was not shy in voicing his concerns.

But everyone else was against him, insisting that he was too soft on her for it to be anything else.
Boost was the first to make his attempt, inviting Karina down to the training room. He thought that if she saw Wolffe exercising, it may cause her to...

Well that's as far as his plan went so far.

But it would work.

So when Karina was led there, Wolffe just so happened to be there.

What a coincidence.

And Boost picked the set of weights right next to Wolffe.

What a coincidence.

"Here." Boost handed her a five (only one due to her shoulder being injured). "Try this."

Karina curled her lip. "I'll try this instead." She picked up a twenty and got to work with it.

Boost shrugged and pretended to do sit-ups, instead paying attention to Wolffe and Karina. Karina was doing lunges, chatting with Warthog and Comet, who had introduced themselves. An idea struck Boost, so he stuck out his leg.

Karina stumbled, falling into Wolffe.

Boost was filled with glee.

His plan worked!

Wolffe was going to catch her and it was going to be romantic and-

"Wolffe," Karina whimpered, squeezing his arm. Her leg looked... odd. "The weights fell and-and-"

Wolffe grimaced. "I'll take you to Stunner."

Boost was mortified. He had hurt Karina! This wasn't how the plan was supposed to go.

Sinker was next to make his move.

He waited until Karina and Wolffe were eating together again, and sat with them. His idea was to flirt with Karina and make Wolffe jealous.

It would work way better than the stupid exercise one.

"Hi, Karina!" Sinker brightly said. "I like your shirt!"

Karina glanced down. "It's GAR regulation. This is the one of three shirts I was supplied with when I joined."

"Well, it looks nice on you," Sinker said.

"Thanks?" Karina looked to Wolffe.

"Uh, it looks good on you specifically," Sinker said with a grin, leaning forwards.

"Sinker, do I need to make you sit through a workplace harassment seminar?" Wolffe threatened tiredly. "Because I will."

"No, sir," Sinker sheepishly said.

"Wolffe, he's just being nice," Karina scolded, placing a hand on his arm.

Wolffe glared at Sinker, but eventually ducked his head when Karina's eyes bore into him for too long.

"I heard you broke your leg." Sinker examined the cast and the crutches. "Is it hard to use crutches with your arm in a sling?"

"They took the sling off. It might take longer to heal with the constant aggravation, but at least I can get around." Karina pushed her empty plate away.