10

This takes place before Villain does, but isn't really connected, there's just some characters that are featured in both. A bit of a backstory for some of them.

Some events will line up with canon Star Wars while others won't.

Creative liberties.

Edit: I changed my mind. They are now connected. You don't have to read one to read the other, though.

"Alright, cadets," Wolffe said with a scowl. He laced his fingers together behind his back. "You managed to finally do all your laps."

They bobbed their heads in confirmation, hoping he'd get to the point.

"So you're ready for the next step." He pressed a button on the control panel, and the floor shifted as it activated a training simulation. "This is an actual scenario. I'm trusting you're capable enough for this, against my better judgement."

Karina snorted and placed her tool down as she reattached the panel.

"Something funny, mechanic?" He turned to face her, staring at her lips as she tried to contain a smile.

"No," she immediately answered.

Wolffe tilted his head for a moment before returning his attention to the group. "Looks like we have a volunteer."

"Wait, what?" Karina frowned.

"We have an even number," he coolly replied, motioning to the troopers. "We need someone to act as the hostage."

"I didn't volunteer!" Karina protested, holding up her box of tools. "I'm just here to fix the lights!"

"And you did a decent job," he acknowledged. "Now it's time for you to assist with something else."

Karina's jaw tensed, but she nodded as she gave in. "Fine. But if I get hurt I'm blaming you when I see the medic."

"It won't happen," Wolffe firmly told her. He narrowed his eyes at the cadets. "Right?"

"Yes, sir!" they all shouted.

He nodded in satisfaction. "Now go put your tool box away and put on some binders."

Karina glowered at him, dropping the box loudly. "Why can't you be the hostage? All you do is stand around all day, anyway."

"I'm here to supervise and instruct. My job doesn't entail wearing cuffs and sitting in a corner. I have better things to do. Do you?"

She opened her mouth before shutting it, grinding her teeth. "I finished everything for the week."

"It's the beginning day of the week," Wolffe said with a sharp look. "Have you been neglecting sleep, again?"

Karina shifted between feet uncomfortably. "No."

"You're a terrible liar," Wolffe muttered, shaking his head. "I will report you to Stunner the medic without hesitation if this continues, and you'll learn how he earned his name."

"Why's he named Stunner?" she curiously asked.

"He stuns patients who run away and drags them to get treatment." He held out the binders and snapped them around her wrist. He focused on the cadets again. "Alright, there's two teams. Whoever hangs onto her the longest total amount of minutes after the half hour is up, wins."

"What do we win?" One brave trooper questioned.

"You don't win anything," Wolffe snapped. "The losers get punished. Fifteen more laps in full armour. Kama and all."