Tw: Violence, injury.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've gotten distracted by a library. I've read twenty books int he last week.

I have fifteen more on my shelf.

Anyone read A Court of Thorns and Roses?

Gotta say, Rhys...

Um, where was I?

Right.

Enjoy this chapter.

"Hello!" Karina brightly said.

The cadets murmured amongst themselves, looking around in confusion. Wolffe stood behind Karina, tense. Karina was out of the wheelchair now, healed enough to be back in crutches.

But if she pushed herself too far, Wolffe had Stunner's comm channel ready.

"I'm going to be training you!" Karina excitedly revealed.

"And in Coda's last session! This is the best way for him to leave!" Fizzle clapped Coda on the back. "This is going to be so much fun!"

"I thought we'd start with a team building exercise!" Karina told them. "So gather in a circle on the floor."

The cadets exchanged puzzled looks, but did as she said. She sat down in their group, shooing away a skeptical Wolffe.

"What's everyone most excited about for when you get to see the galaxy?" Karina prompted. "Let's go in a circle and share. I'll go first. I was most excited to see a beach when I left home."

"Have you seen one yet?" Scruffs asked.

Karina shook her head. "Not yet. But hopefully one day. Who's next?"

"I want to see trees!" Coda exclaimed. "Not just the artificial ones here; real trees!"

"You will, and they'll be beautiful," Karina assured him.

After everyone was finished (Karina had to force them to move on from Sparks' dream, which was... odd) they got up and Karina directed them to the battle simulations. She let them pick a setting on the training simulator and gave them their mission directive.

"You have to successfully get a blow on Wolffe!" Karina grinned at the commander who had unknowingly been dragged into it.

"I didn't agree to this," Wolffe protested. "I don't want these hyper cadets attacking me."

"So you're worried they're going to hurt you?" Karina summarized before shrugging and turning around.

"No! They won't even touch me!" Wolffe defensively said.

Karina stuck her chin up challengingly. "Then what's the problem?"

"Yeah, Commander!" Bones hollered. "What's the issue?"

"Fine," Wolffe snapped. "But don't come crying to me when you scrape your knee."

"You can come crying to me!" Karina told them. "I'll comfort you!"

Wolffe rolled his eyes. "You're being too soft on them."

"It'll balance you out," Karina sweetly said. She returned her attention to the cadets. "Is everyone ready?"

"Yes, ma'am!" Scruffs answered, bobbing his head.

"Get out there." Karina swatted at Wolffe with one of her crutches, herding him out onto the simulation.