Ok this is a big chapter. Not in length, but in content. Thou hast been warned.

Tw: Death, sexual content maybe, death, feelings of abandonment.

Wolffe was angry at both himself and Karina.

Angry at himself for keeping it from her because he had no right to, and angry at her for storming away and not talking about it. He needed to discuss it and smooth things over, but he didn't want to overstep at the same time.

So he waited for her to make the first move, to talk about the fight.

A month later, they still hadn't brought it up in conversation.

He wasn't sure if it was because they were busy, or if she had forgot about it, but they were acting like nothing had happened. They were enjoying hot chocolate in the evenings and still were kissing, so he was confused.

Missions had gone by with still no discussion of the fight, and he was starting to grow wary. Was he supposed to bring it up? Did she want to pretend like it had never happened?

"Karina," Wolffe eventually said one day, holding her hand. "Can we talk?"

Karina hummed, rolling over in bed to look at him. "What's wrong?"

"I just want to know where we stand. Are you going back?" Wolffe asked.

Karina sighed and rolled out of bed. "I haven't decided, yet, Wolffe."

"That's okay. Just let me know when you do." Wolffe kissed her bare shoulder. 

"Of course I will." Karina turned his chin so she could kiss him on the lips.

And another month went by.

Karina made her decision, and wanted to tell Wolffe. She tried to find him, but the cruiser was big, and everyone was acting weird.

No one was joking around, for some strange reason. The clones were rigidly marching, helmets on all of their heads. The cruiser had an air of mourning to it, as if something great had been lost, but it might have just been her imagination.

Karina knocked on Wolffe's office door, waiting a moment before entering. She saw him crying in the chair behind the desk, shoulders shaking as he sobbed.

"Wolffe?" Karina rushed to his side, wrapping her arms around him. "What happened?"

He shook his head and buried his face deeper into her. "I- I had to!"

"Oh, Wolffe," Karina gently said, stroking his hair. "What did you have to do?"

He hiccuped. "I- I had to! I didn't have a c-choice!"

"And I believe you," Karina soothed, kissing the tip of his nose. "Tell me what happened and maybe I can help, okay?"

"General Plo Koon," Wolffe bit out, "is dead. W- We killed him. He betrayed the Republic."

Karina's insides turned to ice. "What?"

"All the Jedi are traitors," Wolffe lifted his head to look her in the eyes. His gaze was hard and steely. "I- We had no choice."

Karina swallowed thickly. "Wolffe, there's something I need to tell you. I know it's not a good time, but I have a feeling that things are about to change."

Wolffe wiped the tears and snot off his face and nodded. "What is it?"

"This is going to be hard to hear, but I had been considering whether I should go back and rule." Karina took a deep breath.

He narrowed his eyes. "You're leaving, aren't you?"

"Wolffe-"

"No, it's fine. I get it. You were just hiding out here with us until you were needed at home." Wolffe scowled.

"No, that's not it." Karina placed a hand on his shoulder, but he shrugged it off. "Wolffe, try and listen, okay?"

"Why? So you can break up with me without being interrupted?" Wolffe crossed his arms in her his chest and stood up.

"Wolffe!" Karina snapped her fingers in front of his face. "Try to understand! I have to go! I don't have a choice!"

"You do have a choice!" Wolffe argued. "You could stay with me!"

"And do what?" Karina sneered. "Ignore the chaos that I'm leaving behind? Leaving no one to rule? Think about Mary and Timmy!"

"So that's it." Wolffe took a step back. "You've decided."

Karina blinked back tears. "Yeah. I think I have."

Wolffe's expression shifted to one of indifference. "You should probably give your resignation."

Karina blinked, tears springing up in her eyes. "Wolffe-"

"I should go. I don't want this to be harder than it isn't for you already," Wolffe coldly said.

"I don't want to, but I have to!" Karina exclaimed, throwing her arms up. "Why the kark would I want to leave you? You're perfect."

Wolffe's mouth dried up at her words. She took a step towards him and placed a hand on his chest.

"Wolffe, I love you," Karina softly said.

"I love you too," Wolffe whispered, sipping his head to kiss her.

They stayed in the kiss for a minute, relishing in the other's embrace. Eventually, Karina pulled away and smiled bitterly.

"But," Karina said, causing his stomach to plummet, "I have to go."

Wolffe pressed his forehead to hers. "I wish I could stop you, but I know I can't. You have to do what you have to."

"Thank you." Karina stared into his eyes one last time. "I want you to know that this was very difficult. You were the hardest part of my decision."

He nodded, ignoring the lump in his throat. "Goodbye, Mesh'la."

:(

Too bad.