3

"And the winner is...

Kim Gyuvin! Congratulations!!!"

What?

Ricky couldn't believe it.

Neither did Gyuvin or anyone else in the room.

Everyone was convinced that Ricky would win. Even Gyuvin who was even preparing to congratulate Ricky but no...Ricky didn't win.

Even though the crowd was surprised they still clapped for Gyuvin congratulating him who went to get his award still confused. 

"Um, I didn't expect to win tonight but... Thank you everyone for supporting and cheering for me." Gyuvin said unprepared since he didn't expect the win.

For Ricky disappointed would be an understatement.

He tried so hard. He did his absolute best...but he didn't win?

He wanted to cry so badly.

He felt his whole world crash down.

He was exhausted. It felt like whatever he did wasn't enough.

Right after the ceremony ended Ricky didn't want to stay there for even a minute longer and left quickly. He went to the waiting room took his bag and left the building.

Mr. Lee Ricky's driver silently watched Ricky from the crowd surprised at the results. He saw the boy tear up while standing there listening to Gyuvin's first-place speech. He was furious. He knew how Ricky felt. He knew how hard has Ricky been trying.

He saw Ricky leaving and he knew it was a sign he should go outside and wait for him to drive him home.

When Ricky arrived outside his driver was already waiting there. 

Without saying anything the driver opened the door for him helped him with his stuff closed the door and went into the driver's seat.

When Ricky got into the car he slowly broke down crying.

It broke the driver's heart seeing the boy he took care of for years being so upset at the unfair results. He couldn't do anything about it tho.

He quickly drove home.

-------------------------------------------------

Kim Gyuvins POV

I saw Ricky running away after the ceremony. I really wanted to follow him but I couldn't because I got first place and had to stay there.

"I hope he is ok..." I thought to myself.

It was the first time I saw him so upset. He had all the right to be. He did great.

More than great. 

Yet he didn't win and I won instead? I couldn't believe it myself. I should have been happy but even if I tried I wasn't. It felt wrong. 

Normally Gyuvin would tease Ricky for losing but right now Gyuvin just wanted to run to him hug and comfort him.

-------------------------------------------------

When Ricky arrived home he wordlessly went up to his room ignoring everyone else and slammed the door.

He lay on his bed thinking about everything.

"Did I do something wrong today?"

"Was I supposed to change something?"

"Was it predictable?"

"What went wrong?"

While Ricky was thinking about these things he suddenly thought...

What if the dance wasn't the problem but the feelings he had about dancing?

"Do I even enjoy dancing?"

"Do I want to continue dancing?"

Ricky's head was full of unanswered questions.

-----------------------------------------------------

When Ricky stormed into his room. The maids looked confusingly at the driver who just sighed.

He later explained what happened and the maids were shocked too. They all decided not to bother Ricky and just went back to their work.

After hours and hours, it was time for dinner.

"The dinner is ready. Can someone call Mr. Shen?" The maid asked.

"I will go get him," Driver Lee said and went to Ricky's room.

He knocked on the door "Mr. Shen? The dinner is ready please come eat."

"Coming" Was heard from Ricky.

While the helpers were already sitting at the table just waiting for Ricky. They saw him coming down the stairs.

Ricky sat down and they all ate.

Not really all. Everyone except for Ricky. He just played with the food while zoning out.

"Mr. Shen?" 

"You look like you have a lot in mind. do you wanna talk about it?" Mr. Lee said before he went speechless when he heard.

"I want to quit," Ricky said which made everyone in the room silent.

"M-mr. Shen wh-what do you mean?"One of the maids asked shocked at what she just heard.

"I want to quit. I don't want to dance anymore." Ricky said firmly.

"But Mr. Shen-" Before the maid could finish Mr. Lee said "Are you sure Mr. Shen? Dont let today's result stop you from doing something you love. The ranking dont even matter it was clearly unfair!"

"The thing is I don't even know if I enjoy dancing anymore! Rather than happiness all I felt these days was exhaustion and disappointment." Ricky said frustrated. 

"Mr. Shen please think about it more before you quit. You danced for so long!"

"Yes I danced for a long time and I am tired. I already thought about it for hours. I am sure I want to quit."

And before anyone could say anything else Ricky went back to his room.

The end of this chapter.

What do we think??

I will try to update tomorrow or maybe two days later.

Anywayssssss

Hope you enjoyed it!