4

"Yes I danced for a long time and I am tired. I already thought about it for hours. I am sure I want to quit."

And before anyone could say anything else Ricky went back to his room.

That night Ricky didn't leave his room anymore.

And not just that night but also the next day.

Normally in the morning, Ricky would do his morning routine, eat breakfast, and go to school but this time Ricky just stayed in his room.

"Mr. Shen, are you there? You will be late for school!" one of the maids said informing Ricky that if he doesn't hurry up he will be late.

"I am not going to school," Ricky said nonchalantly.

"But-"The maid stopped herself from saying anything else since Ricky is her boss's son after all he shouldn't tell Ricky what to do her job is only to take care of Ricky.

"Mr. Shen at least eat breakfast please." The maid said worried about Ricky's state.

"I will eat later," Ricky said and the maid could only say fine before leaving.

Ricky stayed in his room all day, scrolling through his phone when he got a text. It was from Hao his friend.

HAO

Hey Ri!

You didnt come to school today...Why is that?

RICKY

Hi hyung

I didn't feel like coming today...I probably won't come tomorrow too.

HAO

Oh...

Why is that?

Wanna talk about it?

RICKY

Maybe...

HAO

How about after school I come to your place and we can talk?

RICKY 

Thank you hyung

HAO

Of course lovelicky!

RICKY liked the message

Ricky was really grateful for having a friend like Hao. They had known each other for a long time. Despite their age difference, they get along well. Hao is like an older brother to Ricky who takes care of him. They dont spend that much time together though because Hao is a singer and a music teacher while Ricky is a dancer and a choreographer. They are both busy but they try to find a time to hang out sometimes.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Gyuvins POV

I came to school today wanting to find Ricky ASAP. Yesterday after the competition I couldn't go after him so today I just want to make sure he is okay. 

I went to the classroom but he wasn't there yet. 

Weird.

He goes to school very early most of the time yet today he didn't arrive yet.

Thats fine. I can wait.

I waited and waited but...he never showed up.

I was confused. He was fine yesterday. What happened? I decided after class I would ask his friend Hao.

"Hey, Hao hyung!"

"Oh hi Gyuvin what's up?"

"I wanted to ask you...Do you know why Ricky didn't come to school today? He was fine yesterday.."

"What Ricky didn't come today? That's weird..." Hao said a bit surprised. 

Usually, when Ricky doesn't come to school he texts Hao about it so that's why when Ricky doesn't show up Hao knows why.

Gyuvin agrees. It is indeed weird.

"Well I will text him today and I will tell you tomorrow after I find out!"

"Thank you, Hyung!"

---------------------------------------------------

Right after school, Hao went straight to Ricky's house.

He went inside and greeted the housekeepers.

"Oh hello, Mr. Zhang! Long time no see. Mr. Shen is in his room!" 

"Thank you." Hao bowed to the maid before heading to Ricky's room.

He knocked on the door "Ricky! It's me, Hao!"

A few seconds later the door opened welcoming Hao inside.

They sat down on Ricky's bed before Hao spoke up. 

"So...Tell me what's bothering you lately Ri?"

"Hyung I...I decided to quit dancing."

"What?! Why? You loved dancing no?" 

"I dont know...I dont feel the same way when I am dancing anymore. I feel disappointment and exhaustion most of the time rather than happiness..."

"But Ri...Are you 100% sure about this? I think you should really deeply think about it again."

"I already did hyung. I thought about it yesterday for hours even today."

"Well, I won't tell you what you should do or not...Remember Ri I will support you no matter what."

"Thank you hyung...It means a lot to me."

"Of course lovelicky. You still aren't coming to school tomorrow?" Hao asked and Ricky shook his head "No...I just need to take a break from everything...I will come soon though."

They decided not to talk about that anymore and just chat about random stuff. Hao even stayed for dinner before saying goodbye and going home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day Ricky doesn't go to school again while Gyuvin and Hao do.

Throughout the day Gyuvin realizes how boring school is without Ricky. School already felt long but yesterday and today it felt even longer. Gyuvin was unusually quiet too.

It was finally time for lunch. Gyuvin sat down and ate his lunch in peace.

"Gyuvin!"

"Oh Hao hyung! Hi."

Hao sat down next to Gyuvin

"Ricky didn't come to school again today...do you know why now?"

"Oh yeah...I actually went to his house yesterday...He told me he wants to quit dancing." Hao said which made Gyuvin choke on his food.

"H-he *cough* wants to q-quit?"

"Yeah...I asked him if he was sure and he said he was very much sure...I was surprised too." While Hao was telling him everything that happened yesterday Gyuvin was slowly zoning out.

"He wants to quit?"

"Why would he suddenly quit?"

"Why..."

His thoughts were cut off by Hao.

"Hey... You ok?" Hao asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I just... didn't expect it," Gyuvin said quietly but Hao still heard it.

"It is very unexpected but...I think he is coming to school tomorrow you can talk to him if you want." Hao said with a hand on Gyuvin's shoulder comforting him.

"Yeah, I will thanks Hao hyung." Gyuvin smiled at Hao who smiled back.

The end of this chapter.

What do we think?

Hope you enjoyed it!