5

It was the next day and Ricky was preparing to go to school today.

He did his usual routine before his driver drove him to school.

"Have a nice day Mr. Shen" The driver told Ricky.

"Thank you you too Mr. Lee" Ricky said.

------------------------------------------------

Gyuvin woke up also preparing for school. 

While he was eating his breakfast he couldn't stop thinking about what Hao told him yesterday.

"Why would Ricky want to quit?"

Since Hao said that Ricky is probably coming to school today he will talk to him when he sees him around.

---------------------------------------------------

The time was going pretty fast today it was already the end of the last class of the day. The thing is Gyuvin still hasn't seen Ricky but maybe it's because they didn't share any of the classes today.

"Did he not come today? How come I didn't see him yet."Gyuvin wondered.  

He decided that he would go to Hao's class and ask him if Ricky had come today. But before he did that he went to his locker to put the books he didn't need anymore.

--------------------------------------------------

Ricky was just taking things out of his locker when he suddenly heard someone shouting his name.

"Ricky!" Ricky heard Gyuvin shout from the other side of the hallway.

"Weird. Why would he suddenly look for me?" Ricky thought to himself confused at what Gyuvin would want after not seeing each other for two days.

"Ricky! We need to talk." Gyuvin panted running out of breath after running towards Ricky.

What happened to Hello? How are you? He just straight up said we need to talk...

After Gyuvin said that He dragged Ricky to the school garden and pulled him to sit on the bench beside him.

"Ricky...The thing that happened a few days ago...It wasn't fair. You deserved the win! I will give you the trophy if you want! I heard from someone that the judges were xenophobic so they didn't judge fairly at all..." Gyuvin said feeling bad for Ricky being mistreated just because he was Chinese.

"It's fine Gyuvin...I knew that the judges had probably something against me. Keep your trophy. It doesn't matter anymore."

"You know...when you didn't come to school for two days I asked Hao if he knew anything about why you didn't come. While he told me that you needed a break for a few days he also told me that...

you wanted to quit dancing." When Gyuvin said that Ricky went completely silent.

"Is it true?" Gyuvin asked quietly.

Ricky nodded yes.

"Why?" Gyuvin asked again.

"I don't know...I just don't feel the same way I used to when I dance anymore. I don't feel like I am happy anymore. I feel lonely, tired, and just overall upset." Ricky slowly explained.

"Ri...don't quit," Gyuvin whispered.

"What?" Ricky asked since he didn't really hear what Gyuvin said.

"Don't quit," Gyuvin repeated louder this time.

"Huh? Aren't you happy that I am quitting?" Ricky asked confused.

"No! I am not happy at all! Why the hell would I be happy that you're quitting?" Gyuvin said with his eyes furrowed. 

 "You won't see me at dance practices anymore and you also won't need to try hard to beat me anymore."

"Exactly. I won't see you at dance practices anymore and competitions...I don't want that. Ricky-ah don't quit please..." 

"Gyuvin..."

Ricky didn't know what to say.

He didn't expect this reaction from Gyuvin. He thought he would be happy yet he isn't. He is even asking Ricky not to quit.

He was confused. 

And he wasn't just confused at what Gyuvin said but also how Gyuvin made him feel while saying that.

"Dont quit please..."

He felt weird.

Ricky just stayed quiet not really knowing what to do or say at this moment.

After a few seconds, he felt something on his hand. He looked down to see Gyuvin holding his hand. 

He looked up to see Gyuvin already looking at him with determination in his eyes. 

"How about this? Participate in the next competition with me. Let's practice together and help each other out with everything. If I can't make you happy or convince you to keep dancing after the competition you can quit. But if you enjoy the process and feel happy like you used to you will continue dancing. Deal?" Gyuvin suggested determined to convince Ricky to keep dancing.

"Deal," Ricky said.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ricky told everyone at home the deal he made with Gyuvin and that he would join the upcoming competition. 

It made the others happy especially Mr. Lee to see Ricky not quitting just yet.

After a few days, they got all the information about the next competition. Gyuvin assured Ricky that this competition would be (hopefully) fair and they weren't xenophobic since some of the judges were foreigners themself.

They got to practice as soon as they heard about it.

Little did Ricky know how Gyuvin would make him feel those next few weeks while practicing with him.

The end of this chapter.

What do we think?

Hope you enjoyed!