1: Prized possession

"Sunny?!?" Basil gasped, as Sunny smiled shyly.

"Yeah... that's... my name." He dug his shoe into the dirt nervously.

Basil couldn't help but beam with overflowing joy.

After six years...!! He's finally-

He looks at lot older now (i mean he is 18), but still adorable. His jet black hair is well put together, and it even has cute little red highlights. His eyes bags are still there, but not as prominent.

Basil fixes his long, dirty hair awkwardly, mumbling to himself how messy he looked.

"Why did you come here?" He asks, hopefully not sounding like he's prying.

"I...
I'm leaving soon, Basil." Sunny looks almost guilty.

... what?

Why does he mean by that?

"Huh?" Basil's audible confusion shows more than he would've liked to.

"I'm leaving in a week. To the city." He can't even stare at Basil as he speaks.

More empty silence.

Then, the realization hits Basil like a truck.

"What?!?" He doesn't care now if he sounds rude.

Why???

How come???

Why show yourself if you're just gonna leave me again?!?!

"I... I'm sorry, Basil. It's not my decision. I don't have enough money to financially support myself on my own, so I'll have to stay with my mom for now. She has the say in this."

... no... way.

His mom... wants to move...?

...

"Can I... come in? I... wanted to spend my last week here with you... just like old times?" Sunny's warm, weak smile does little to help Basil feel better.

... he stands there, feeling his whole body shiver.

It even feels like time stops... and Basil sees a a familiar boy on the corner of his vision.

"After so long, after abandoning you when you needed it most... he wants to escape?" The small, fragile boy whispers.

The boy's eyes seem to glow as the whole world around Basil goes dim, and his head lightening.

"𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦." The tone switches to a more demonic one, his voice cracking as he sets a hand on Basil's arm.

... so... 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦...

...

I... 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦.

"Basil?"

Suddenly, the world around him morphs back, and Sunny, his... 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, is standing right in front of him.

Basil smiles back, trying to push aside whatever just happened.

"Of course! Come right in."

....................
   A/n: short chapters, but that's okay. this isn't a long story to begin with :)