11: Forgotten Memories

Tell him the truth about Mari?

Yes<—— No

"..." Sunny looks at Basil.

   "I... Mari... she... didn't commit suicide."

   Utterly painful silence fills the room, suffocating everyone's lungs.

"W... what? What do you mean by that?" Kel stutters, looking at the both of them.

   Basil had a hint of happiness is hidden deep in his eyes.

   Sunny's was filled with shame, and despair.

   "That day..." Sunny gulped. He never thought he'd have to tell someone this, "That day, the day of the recital... me and Mari had an argument at the top of the stairs."

   "...okay?" Kel wasn't following.

   "And then... I..." Sunny taps his foot against the ground.

   "Something... killed her." Basil finished.

   "Something?? What's that???" Kel seems even more lost, "What happened?!?" Kel started to panic, and this made Sunny even more anxious.

   "N-No... it wasn't Something-" Sunny starts, but isn't able to finish. Not because of his own choice, but because-

   "No!! It wasn't you!!! I 𝐒𝐀𝐖 IT HAPPEN!!!" Basil raised his voice now, making Sunny flinch, "SOMETHING 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 Mari. SOMETHING 𝐩𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 her!! SOMETHING fucking 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐆 her!!!" He pointed to the window that showed the backyard.

   "I... It's been... six... 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠... years... but I still remember that day like it was 𝐲𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲, Sunny." He clenched his fists and teeth together, "you... wouldn't do that."

   Sunny, flabbergasted, couldn't even piece together a proper sentence after that.

   "You... you really think I didn't do it?" Sunny turns his head.

   "I'm sure of it. You couldn't have killed Mari. Something did."

   "Okay... WHO IS THIS 'SOMETHING'???" Kel also raise his tone, but mostly at Basil.

   "It's... all around us now..." Basil leans down, his breath quickening, "Do you see it too? Or have you forgotten?"

   Suddenly, a haze fills the room, with multiple protruding eyes dotting the walls.

   "I-I... what?!?" Sunny feels the pressure and the build up in his chest rise. He covers his mouth, falling to his knees.

   *HACK* *COUGH*

   "SUNNY!!!" Kel bends down, watching Sunny whiteish clear liquid spew out of his mouth.

   All the eyes and the shadows disappear... well, to Sunny anyways.

   Basil steps back, wobbling.

   " d o  y o u  s e e  i t  t o o . . . ?" Basil mutters, his back hitting the doorframe.

   "S o m e t h i n g . . . b e h i n d  y o u . . ." He gasps, quickly turning around.

   Low and behold, Something was there, staring deep into Basil's icy teal eyes.

   ...

   "WHATS GOING ON?!?" Kel kept Sunny close, while he continued to gag, "BASIL??"

   Basil was gone.

   "..." Kel stared at the empty space, assuming he ran out of the room.

   *HACK* *HACK* *HACK*

   "Shh... it's okay, Sun... it's gonna be okay."

   Kel patted him on the back, making sure he wouldn't choke on the thick substance.

   "...ugh..." Sunny finally came back to his senses, looking at the mess on the carpet.

    "Sunny!! Are you okay??" Kel's eyes were filled with wet tears, whist shaking violently.

   "I...I..." Sunny didn't know what to say.

   All he could do was cry.

   And so he did. He wept, in his boyfriend's arms, safe, for once.

   ...

   Who could've known that would have been the last time he held him?

....................
   A/n: oooga booga im coming for your liver basil (ง'̀-'́)ง