22: Come with me?

Another decision at the end of this chapter :3

....................
"...Kel." Sunny steps forward.

"What's up?" Kel turns around to see a very confused Basil, and Sunny, who is staring straight into Kel's eyes.

Tell him the truth about Mari?

Yes No <——

   "... can I sit down on the bench? I... you guys can go ahead to the treehouse. I'll catch up." Even though Sunny didn't like the thought of Basil being alone with Kel, he needed a moment to himself.

"Oh! Yeah, of course. Come on Basil." Kel gestures Basil out the door, and he shuts it silently behind him.

"... Mari..." six, long years. And he still remembers that day like it was yesterday.

.
.
.
"But she's still alive!!"

"No she's not, silly. She's not even breathing."

"She's... not?"
.
.
.

On that day... he just stood by and watched Basil hang the Mari, who had survived the fall down the stairs.

To this day... not even Kel knows.

Only him and Basil.

It hurts to share something in common with 𝐡𝐢𝐦.

....................
"This is where Mari..." Kel stands over the tree stump, digging his feet in a patch of grass.

"... Kel." Basil puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Hm? What's up?" Kel mutters, wiping tears from his eyes.

"... there's something me and Sunny have to tell you, tell everyone." Basil steps towards the stump, kicking it slightly.

"?" Kel cocks his head.

"Mari... she didn't commit suicide that day." Basil faces away from Kel, just to hide his wide grin.

"H-Huh?? What do you mean-"

"Sunny killed her. Pushed her down a flight of stairs. I saw it 𝐚𝐥𝐥. And then... he hung her, to frame it as a suicide." He says with little remorse, holding back a giggle.

"..." Kel stared at his feet, not responding.

Basil turns around to face Kel, and puts both hands on his shoulders.

"It's just eating you away, isn't it? That feeling?"

"What?? How did you-" Kel steps back.

"That... 𝐢𝐜𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥 that's just 𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 at the back of your head?" He keeps his hands on his shoulders.

"Don't be ashamed. I've 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 it too. In fact..."

"... n-no..." Kel's eyes widen, as he shivers.

"Yes. It was... 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬~" Basil snickers, taking his hands and bending down near the stump.

"Too bad... it could've been you... well... it still 𝐜𝐚𝐧 be you." Basil stands back up.

"..."

"Come with me, Kel. You'll see... 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐮𝐧... 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞."

Take Basil up on his offer?

Yes No
^

....................
A/n: good luck lmaoo