3: You're starting to look really weird...

♪♫♪♫ ~ Oh yeah, your face is out of place... and I can't make you out...? ~ ♫♪♫♪

   Content warning: suggestive r word
....................
   They sit in awkward silence, just the sound of them chewing and swallowing the syrupy pancakes.

   "So... how've your been?" Basil played with his food, not looking up at Sunny.

   "Oh! Well... after..." they both knew what he meant, "I... went back to school, and... I actually graduated! All A's." He giggles slightly, trying to break the odd tension between them.

  "That's wonderful! I'm... happy for you, Sunny." To him, it felt so weird to say Sunny's name out loud. Basil glanced over at the couch, to see the boy sitting there, staring at the two eat.

   Sunny followed his gaze, "What's up?"

   "Oh... it's nothing." Basil fibbed, looking back at Sunny. However, he didn't glare back, he continued to dart his eyes around.

   "This house hasn't changed much. More plants," He paused, "not surprising."

   Basil couldn't help but smile at that statement.

   "So... how about you? Besides more plants." Sunny chuckled, glaring back at Basil.

   "Uhm. Just... the usual. I... haven't gone back to school, as you've probably guessed haha... And... I live with a caretaker now." Basil's face scrunched up again, but then caught himself doing so, "I-I mean! Her name is Polly and she's actually really sweet...!"

   "Oh? A caretaker?" Sunny leaned back in the chair, "That's nice."

   ...

   "Uh... Sunny?" Basil tapped his fingernail on the table, feeling his body go cold again.

   𝐇𝐞... 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬... 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐡...

   "What's up?" Sunny finished chewing, moving a piece of dyed red hair out of his face.

   "... uhm..." he rethinks what he's gonna ask, "do you know how everyone else is doing? Like, Kel, Aubrey, and Hero."

   "Oh, them. Yeah, they've all been good. Aubrey is volunteering at the local Animal Shelter, and she loves it."

"So, you guys are close now?" Basil swallows worriedly.

   "God, tell me about it. She's become quite a talker. Always telling me about gossip and problems she's been dealing with." Sunny sighs at that, even though judging his tone, he still likes it.

   "... How about Hero? How's he doing?"

   "Hero is doing okay too. He's a surgeon, working in the city. He also still has the hobby of cooking... he's even cooked for the three of us sometimes." He beams, something Basil hasn't seen on Sunny in a while.

   "And Kel?"

   "..." Sunny turns away, hiding his face from Basil, "he's... okay too! He started volleyball championships on the side, and he's been going to college too." He seems to frown at that last part, "He's matured a lot these past years... hehe..."

   "..." even if it was for a second... Basil could've swore he saw Sunny's face turn a tad bit scarlet.

   does... he...?

   The boy hops down from the couch, walking over, "Oooooh~ Sunny has a little crush~... 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮." He cackles, "𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮... 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐊𝐞𝐥!!! 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭!! 𝐇𝐚𝐡!!"

   Basil clenched his fists from under the table, feeling his face heat up.

   And not in a good way.

   "... volleyball? I'm surprised. I thought he was more into basketball." Basil tried to think of something else to distract him, but only one, excruciatingly painful thought crossed his mind,

   𝐇𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

   "Yeah! I was too. Apparently... he's always liked volleyball, but he just thinks its perceived as a 'girls' sport." Basil can feel Sunny kick his feet against the floor, probably in happiness.

   "..." Basil couldn't believe it.

   "𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲. 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐠𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦... 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬." The small boy stands on his tippy toes, leaning on the table.

   "You okay?" Sunny leans forward.

   𝐇𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮.
   𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔.
   .
   .
   .

   𝐬 𝐡 𝐨 𝐰
   𝐡 𝐢 𝐦 . . . ?
   Yes <---  No

   *SNAP*
   .
   .
   .
   .
   .
   .
   .
   .
   "hey, Sunny? do you wanna go to my room?"

....................
   A/n: uhhhhhh-
   UH OH