12: The real truth

After a few more minutes of crying, Sunny finally calms down.

"Are... you okay?" Kel scoots back a little, giving Sunny space to breathe.

   "I... I'm okay now." He stared at the puddle of muck, which is now staining and making the carpet moist.

   "Can... you tell me what happened? With Mari?" Kel didn't wanna push him (LIKE SUNNY DID MARI HAH), but he desperately wanted to know.

   "... i killed her."

   "... you.. pushed her down stairs... correct?" Kel brushed at Sunny's bangs, putting them out of his damp eyes.

   Sunny hums in agreement, "... I threw the violin down the steps... cause I thought I wasn't good enough... and... Mari... I couldn't think! I just..." Sunny whimpered, curling back into a ball.

   "Sh.. it's alright. What happened next?"

   "... well..." he swallowed, still tasting 𝐡𝐢𝐦, "Basil... he... saw me. And he thought up the plan to cover it up as a suicide. But... she..."

   "?" Kel turned his head, surprised by the sudden pause.

   "She was still alive." Sunny covered his eyes, his voice breaking down again, "she was still alive!! i saw her breathing!! she s-survived the fall!! but... she fell unconscious... and... basil... he...
   oh my god."

   "So... let me get this straight... you threw the violin down the stairs... you pushed her, she.. survived... and then Basil hung her and actually killed her."

   "... yeah. I... i barely remember it... but... i saw her squirm. While she was hung. By the noose. I.. must've been too out of it to notice or take action... but..." Sunny breath quickened, and shorted too.

   "Did Basil know she was still alive??" Kel shook, trying to keep his cool.

   "... he... he did. But.. he still hung her.
   He... s-still..." Sunny was now hyperventilating, trying to grasp for oxygen.

   "Hey...!! It's alright. You... you're okay." Kel wasn't the best at comfort, but he would try his damn best for his boyfriend.

   Sunny's heart was beating faster than before, and his whole body trembled.

   "You... didn't kill her, Sun.

   ... Basil did."

   Sunny looked up at Kel for the first time in this exchange, realizing what he just said.

   All this time... Sunny blamed himself for Mari's death. And sure, if it wasn't for him, she wouldn't have been hurt... but...

   The real truth is... Basil... 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 her.

   Sunny contemplated whether or not to say this next sentence.

   Tell Kel about what happened yesterday?

    Yes                       No
                   ^

....................
   A/n:  yes i changed some plot fight me (o_O)