26: Roba

I'm not supposed to go in the field but no one is going to stop me. I pull the black duffle bag out of my closet and unzip it. I stare at the black mask on top of the uniform. I swore I would never put this one again but here I am. I pull the uniform out of the bag and put it on. All except for the mask. I grab the mask and the file and head over to the armory to stock up on weapons. When I get there, Konig and Keegan are in there in full tactical. They haven't noticed me yet so I take a few moments to watch them. I twirl Ghost's knife in my hand, debating if I should ask them to come or not. I clear my throat and they both look at me. "We're coming," Keegan says. So much for asking.

"Alright," I say. "Price and Soap are supposed to be getting me everything they have on Roba." Konig stands up and Keegan follows suit. God, he's tall. "Grab what you need and meet me at my office." I grab my black box from behind the rest of the guns and leave the room. I know they want to ask questions but I don't give them time to ask. Why am I even doing this? I think as I walk to my truck. Ghost hurt me. I shouldn't care this much. But it's also about Roba. And I can't let him do it alone. He shouldn't have gone alone.

I set the black box on the passenger seat and drive back to my office. There's a part of me that this team doesn't know. Ghost, Konig, and Keegan all wear masks. But so do I. I've intentionally been failing at all physical training sessions so they don't find out. None of them even know who I was. Who I am. But I'm willing to risk it all for him. For Ghost. When I pull up to my office, I spot Price's truck. I park and get out, leaving my black box and mask in the truck. 

When I step inside, Price is alone. He has a few envelopes in front of him. All of them have a big red 'Classified' stamp on them. "Is this everything?" I ask and reach for an envelope. He stops me.

"Before you do that, there's something you should know." Price says. "You don't know the full story."

"I know that Roba tortured Ghost, hung him by his ribs, buried him alive, and sent someone to kill the last remaining family he had." I say. "What more did Roba do?" Price sighs and that's when I know it's serious.

"You might want to sit down Star." He says. I listen and sit down in the chair at my desk. "While Roba and his men had him, they found out that he was married. No one knew he was married. Not even his own team who is supposed to know him." Price sits down in front of me and sighs. Ghost had a wife? "When Roba was torturing him for information, he used his wife against him. Roba raped her in front of him. Then he had all of his men do the same." He sighs a shaky breath. I have never seen him like this. I wait patiently for him to continue. 

"When they were all done taking turns, they beat her to death trying to get him to break. That's when they hung him by his ribs and left him to die. They left him there for two days. And when he didn't die, they buried him alive with Major Vernon. Major Vernon is the reason he went through all this. Ghost used Vernon's jaw from his rotted corpse to dig himself out." He pauses for a few minutes before continuing. I try to wrap my head around the whole thing. How could anyone do that to a person?

"After four months, his injuries had healed but he still suffered from temper-management issues, which prevented him from returning to active duty. Two years later, he joined this task force." He stops while I process this information. After a few minutes he says, "I know it's a lot to take in Star. But I wanted you to know what you were getting in to. Ghost will not be the same Ghost you know and love. He won't be thinking straight. And if you get in his way, he could potentially kill you. Just let him kill them and then bring him home." I look at him.

"You want me too let him kill four innocent people?" I ask.

"Isabella and Mateo are not innocent." He says. "Diego may not be but Camila is."

"So one innocent person and potentially a second?" I ask and shake my head. I stand up and pace the room. "They're innocent Price!"

"They have the Roba name." Price says. "They are related to the man who caused Ghost so much pain and suffering." I shake my head again and look at him.

"They are still innocent!" I say.

"To him it doesn't matter." He says. 

"I'm going to stop him." I say.

An hour later, Keegan, Konig, Soap and I are on the plane to Chaipas, Mexico. As we sit in silence, I read through all the information Price gave me. After his father died, Mateo took over the family business with the help of his mother, Isabella. Diego and Camila were sent off to live with a supposed family friend. There's no mention of the family friend's name but apparently, the family gets together once a week for dinner. Their next family dinner is tomorrow night. I assume that Simon will wait until then to kill them. I continue to read the files which contain info about each of the family members; school, work, friends, acquaintances, etc.

After I finish reading everything, I relay everything I read to the guys. "Give me an hour to come up with a plan." I say. 

"Wait, you don't have a plan?" Soap asks.

"Not yet." I say. "But I will in an hour."

"Ye arse and parsley." He mutters and shakes his head.

"McTavish, we don't speak Scottish." Konig says.

"She's talking nonsense." He clarifies. It's Konig's turn to shake his head. We sit in silence while I come up with a plan.

"Alright," I say about an hour later. "Here's the plan. First things first, we need to survey the house where they will be having their dinner tomorrow night. Simon is most likely to strike then. We find the weak spots. Places you think Simon would be. Knowing him, he will want to kill them slowly which means he will need to take out all the guards and men." I pause for a second. "We want to get their first. Then plan is to prevent Simon from killing them. And if we can't protect all of them, at least protect Camila. She's the youngest and least influenced about her father's decisions and actions. As well as her mother's and brother's."

"Simon won't care about that though so he will kill her too." I continue. "This is to protect Simon. Not just physically but mentally as well. If he does this, he won't be the same."

"Yer aff yer heid." Soap says. "Ye want to stop Ghost from killing the Roba's? Ye want to protect the Roba's?" He shakes his head. "You're a long time deid. We all are."

"English McTavish." Konig says.

"She's crazy and we're dead!" Soap says. "If we don't die by the Roba's hand, Ghost will surely kill us! Yer bum's oot the windae Star." Konig gives him a look. "She's talking rubbish."

"You have a better plan?" I ask. Soap looks at me.

"Let him kill the Roba's and then bring him home." He says. I shake my head.

"Not going to happen." I say. 

"We be in Chaipas within the hour!" The pilot says. We sit in silence for the rest of the flight.

✤✤✤✤✤

Word Count: 1387

I honestly forgot I was writing a book hence why it took so long to update. 😭 My bad loves. Thank you guys for being patient though!

Tried to make up for it by writing a long chapter. 😅 

What do y'all think will happen next?

Also, happy late Valentine's day everyone! Thank you so much for the support and feedback. I appreciate you guys. ❤❤