27: Chaipas

When we land, we immediately head to the house we are supposed to stay at. I have the pilot go grab us some food while we settle in. Soap refuses to speak to us. I assume he's still mad and thinks we are going to die. We settle in and get geared up to survey the house. Keegan works with Price and the team over the phone to figure out where Ghost could be hiding. There are so many places he could be, and if he's smart enough, he won't be hiding anywhere we would think of. I watch Soap as he checks and cleans his gun. I watch him place pieces of his gun on the table in an organized fashion. Does Soap have OCD?

"Star?" Keegan says. "Price needs you." I walk over and take the phone from him.

"Sir." I say.

"Keegan told me your plan." Price says. "It's a good plan. Do what you need to do to bring him home. Whatever you need to do, get it done."

"Yes sir." I say and glance at Soap. I make my voice quieter. "Worried about McTavish sir."

"If he interferes, stop him." Price says. 

"Sir?" I ask. 

"Your mission is to stop Ghost from killing people and bring him home at all costs." Price says. "If Soap doesn't comply, he's going against my orders." I think about what he's saying. 

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that sir." I say.

"I'm putting you in charge Star." Price says. 

"Yes sir." I say. "Thank you sir." He hangs up and I hand Keegan the phone again. He nods at me and I nod back.

✤✤✤✤✤

After we eat, we scope out the house. It's a peaceful small house surrounded by the dense forest. There's a huge waterfall behind their house falling into a lake surrounding it. Besides the water, there's only one way into the house and that's the heavily guarded bridge. That also means there's only one way out as well. I have a feeling Ghost will attempt to come in from the water. I nod at Keegan letting him know I possibly have a way in. After scoping out the house, we head back home and I tell everyone how this is going to work. 

"As you guys know," I say as we sit around the table. "There is only one was in or out as far as we can see. Ghost will probably sneak in through the water. We need to get there before he does."

"No." Soap says. "Don't ye understand? Ye can't stop him."

"Soap," I say. "I'm only going to ask this once. Will you help us stop Ghost or not?" 

"No." He says. I nod and look at Keegan then at Konig. 

I sigh then say, "Then I'm sorry." Konig and Keegan take this are their cue to grab him and pull him into one of the spare rooms. "Don't hurt him!" I sigh and lean against the table. I listen as Soap shouts at Konig and Keegan as they attempt to tie him up. I hate that's it's come to this. After about ten minutes, his shouts are muffled and Keegan and Konig come out of the room. 

As Soap's muffled protests fade, there's a moment of awkward silence in the room. Keegan and Konig exchange sheepish glances, and I can't help but let out a small chuckle, though it's tinged with concern.

"Well, that went smoothly," I remark, trying to lighten the mood.

Keegan offers a wry smile while Konig shrugs in response. "Not exactly how I envisioned spending my evening," Keegan quips.

"Yeah, well, it's not every day we have to tie up one of our own," Konig adds with a hint of amusement. I glance around the room, meeting the eyes of both of them, and offer a reassuring smile.

"Alright, let's focus," I say, regaining a bit of seriousness. "We've got a job to do, and Soap's antics aren't going to stop us. Plus, we need as much rest as we can get before we go in."