Chapter 15

Tension.

There's a hard, thick tension in the air as soon as Jimin invited the five to enter their house. As much as Jimin would like to shrug off the feeling, he cannot. He was the one who invited them to come in so he must endure it, doesn't he? Ninety-percent of the tension is solely coming from Yoongi himself. He can feel the king's stare to him without even trying and he wants to make a run for it but he can't. Silly him.

He offered them tea just like he did with Jungkook and he knew, he just knew he will get complimented just like how Jungkook did and as well as the others but also, he will get some questioning from them too.

"You seem to be fond of citrus delicacies aren't you, Jimin-ssi?" asks Jin, as he puts down his tea cup, with a mischievous smile written on his lips.

Jimin nods hesitantly, "Ah yes."

He needs to be careful otherwise he might slip or say something out of the blue. It's best if Jungkook will be the only to discover that he is indeed the witch that had helped them. It can be help though, Jungkook seems to be a persistent one. Luckily, the prince seems to be wanting to keep his secret for himself. Not wanting to reveal his hyung's secret not unless he is given the approval to do so.

"Say, what did you put in here if you don't mind telling me? I've been drinking tea since I was born and never had I ever thought of, or anyone in the palace exactly to make this type of tea that you made."

Hoseok nods, "It's quite surprising you're not working in the palace with this kind of skill. Pretty sure you will get approve if you did try to make an antreaty."

They were all staring at Jimin but the witch only tremble under Yoongi's stares. It's like the king is waiting for him make a mistake.

He sighed in his head.

"I like my life outside the palace. Besides, I'm pretty sure there are far more deserving individuals than me to be working for the majesties." he replied, "Nothing fancy is on that tea too, really. It's just persimmon, some ginger, peppercorns and cinnamon bark."

Yoongi nods but did not say anything which makes Jimin more nervous than he already was since the king stepped foot inside the house. It's not Jimin is being bias but really, he doesn't feel threatened by the other's except for Yoongi. He had never felt this way before with anyone in his previous life.

"What's this?" Namjoon asks, lifting the hour glass. Jimin eyes widen and stop the advisor from turning the objecy upside down.

"That's a—"

Yoongi tilt his head to look and tried his best to hold back a smirk with his chin at the back of his palm while staring at Jimin's side view. Ever since they arrived infront of the house, there was this surge of familiarity he felt to which only heightened up upon meeting eyes with Jimin. He don't know if the other felt it too but by the way how his facial reaction suggests, he thinks the younger did. It's not like the king is trying to assume things but it seems to him that he may have met Jimin before. Somewhere, apart from the festival of course.

"Where did you learn these things, Jimin-ssi? You're not a previous scholar, are you?"

"A-Ah, no! I'm not. Just a mere performer. Learnt those things from many different people," who had written good books and if it's a real person, that is mainly from Mr. Bang, is what Jimin wants to say but didn't.

"You know, it's not too late to be a scholar and teach these things to the young. It will be a great help to pass down these teachings to them,"

"I'll think about it." he nods.

But of course, Jimin is aware that there are only two things that can happen that is holding him back to take the offer. Sure, he can share his knowledge to anyone if he wants to as he was a bookkeeper in his previous life however it was also the reason why he ended up being in this world — his second life and it will be a shame if the same thing happens to him again. Especially that Yoongi seems to despise witches to which, no matter how he tries to correct it, the king sees him as one and he is well aware what he can do to him if he declines to work with him but that is if he will find that out aside from his son, Jungkook who is still silent at his seat, happily munching on the sweets he made.