Prologue

"So? What does it say? What do you see?" Jin asks, excitedly as he keeps on exchanging glances between the witch and the dices on the table infront of him.

Taehyung groaned, "This is stupid."

"Huh? What do you mean? Is there something wrong?"

"Yes, there is something wrong!" 

He tried shaking the dices between his close fists once more before throwing it again on the round-like compass tablet that corresponds to location and elements

He tried shaking the dices between his close fists once more before throwing it again on the round-like compass tablet that corresponds to location and elements. It keeps on giving him the same numbers, same elements and same reading since the past six full moons.

Taehyung isn't a well-rounded witch and he is the only witch that Yoongi could lean on in the kingdom of Leukos. He hates to admit but it is a pain in the ass to be the only one left out of many because most that are left fled to Erebos and those are skilled witches.

As much as he wants to learn to a skilled witch that can teach him whatever specialty one has to offer so he could somehow strengthen his knowledge, he can't. He don't want to get killed yet either by Yoongi or in the Avgrund.

Avgrund is the biggest, largest, deepest and scariest body of water to exist in Aidios. The said ocean keeps the two kingdom separated from each other.

Those who dare to set sail are never to be seen again. Even with the most perfect ship one can make, it won't stand against the currents of Avgrund.

Even the witches in Erebos can't suppress the raging currents of the said ocean. It acts like a barrier between the two kingdoms and none could breakthrough that barrier so whenever trouble is being send their way, it will take awhile for them to receive it. It gives them ample time to think how they will be able to counter-attack the hexes.

The only way a witch can travel to either kingdoms is through a spell portal but that would consume too much energy which seldom a witch would do.

And them having an ample time, doesn't mean that they always win. Like what was said, Taehyung is the only witch in the kingdom. He is considered as a beginner witch and because of that, he lacks knowledge to break complicated hexes. Sometimes the damage on those hexes are big enough that some end up dying on the streets and he can't help but feel useless at times.

Good thing, Jin and the rest are there to cheer him up. Also, the villagers understands how hard it is to be a witch especially if you aren't born one.

Yoongi hates witches but Taehyung was an exemption after saving his son and because of that, the king spared his life. As much as Yoongi wants Taehyung to learn more, he isn't much help. He doesn't know how witches spells work that much neither a book spared for the younger to learn as he burned all of those during his rage with the witches.

"It's been giving me the same thing for the past six full moons and I still don't get it or rather, I don't want to believe this could be true because this is scary enough for all of us."

"Why?"

Taehyung pointed to each of the dices on their respected positions on the round-like compass with a deep sigh.

"It says here that one will arrive at the time when the kingdom is at the verge of collapsing. It has probably something to do with our enemy and this person will give us wisdom to which new beginnings may blossom. Their contribution will provide breakthrough on our side which will gives us completion to whichever or whatever we are trying to accomplish and because of that we will finally have balance, unity and. ."

"And?"

He looks at the dices, hesitant to even say something impossible knowing the King.

"I'm seeing lovers. An emperor and an empress which means this person might be the King's new love interest."

"So it's a female?"

"That, I can't confirm."

"Huh? Why? You said this person might be his new love, right? An emperor and an empress so that means a female, no?"

"Fire sign showed up three times paired with twice of air to which both elements represents masculine energy. However there's one for earth and water which is for feminine energy. Normally, in determining the gender of an unknown individual, it will only show one or two elements but this, I have never seen this in a reading before and I'm not sure if this is a clue on how they will meet."

"Must be a tomboy then? Some villagers acts masculine but is a female. But it's good to know my cousin wouldn't end up dying alone."

"But again, we can't assume the person is a female. What if he is a male? Then, what?"

Jin was about to speak but he noticed Taehyung is looking at the door so he turn his gaze to where the younger is looking at and saw a familiar black blob hiding behind the said door. Jin hides a smile upon seeing the creature.

If there's one thing witches did to Yoongi that was cute and scary at the same time was them creating a blob from his own body that acts like his twin/child that has no emotions that eventually became the ear and eyes of the said king inside and outside the kingdom.

Originally, witches created the creature to kill Yoongi so that it will be a clean death without them getting their hands dirty of the deed but for some reason, the said blob didn't accomplish his task thus making the witches angry. They attempted to kill the blob but Yoongi wouldn't let the said cursed blob to die. He was too mesmerized of the odd being.

"Oh hi, Boongi!" Jin happily greets the blob and it immediately ran away when the creature realised what happened.

Taehyung chuckled.

"He really acts like a toddler."

"Yeah, I wonder if the said person showing on your reading will like him too. He looks terrifying at first glance and is kind of aloof too, so it'll be hard to gain Boongi's trust even though that fluffy blob doesn't have any emotions to begin with."

Taehyung nods before looking back at the scattered dice on the table.