Chapter 2: Projection Magic!

An ostensibly 'ordinary' interface, much like that of many 'gacha' games.

The entire interface is exceedingly simple, featuring only two options: a [Single Draw] for 10 diamonds and a [Ten Consecutive Draws] for 100 diamonds.

The card-drawing interface also showcases cards, where a single draw reveals one card, and ten consecutive draws unveil a pack of 10 cards.

There isn't even a guarantee, no 'events' like 'top-up,' 'special price for ten consecutive draws,' or 'final guarantee.'

It's all very plain, with no explicit probabilities mentioned, purely dependent on luck.

It underscores simplicity, something that would likely astonish major gaming companies, given its apparent waste of potential.

However, Ethan doesn't have any other choice.

After all, this system is his only reliance in Orario, where countless dangers lurk in the shadows.

A few days ago, in the underground dungeon, he was even ambushed by a group of malicious 'veteran adventurers.'

Fortunately, with the help of Ethan's extraordinary 'constitution,' they ended up being counter-killed.

Since he's not an adventurer and hasn't joined any Familia, Ethan can't exchange magic stones for Valis at the guild counter.

His usual income comes from selling some monster drops to barely maintain his livelihood.

It's also fortunate that there's no real-name authentication required to enter the underground dungeon; otherwise, Ethan, who hasn't joined any Familia, wouldn't even be able to enter the dungeon.

Staring at the card pool of "Fate/Type-Moon" in front of him, Ethan took a deep breath. "God! Buddha! Jesus! Brahma! Amaterasu! Please bless me and give me something good—"

'Swish—'

After the 'prayer,' Ethan resolutely clicked on the 'Ten Consecutive Draws.'

A 3D animation that seemed to be quite extravagant began, and in the void, a card pack was brought out, the seal torn open, and then cards flipped over and flew out one by one.

[Black Silk] [White Silk] [Meat Silk] [Fishnet Silk]...

One by one, the cards were flipped open, and without exception, they were all various kinds of 'silk stockings.'

Ethan, a non-gay man, was almost grinding his teeth, wondering why he was getting so many stockings.

'Why do I have to suffer this? I tried to draw a miracle from a single draw, but got nothing. Now do I have to waste ten consecutive draws as well?' Ethan was feeling a bit depressed.

Suddenly something surprising happened.

[Projection Magecraft/Magic]

"Huh? Did... Did I get something good!?"

Looking at the last card after it was revealed, Ethan suddenly froze.

Projection magic, wow, he got projection magic.

(PS: Well, I'll write it Projection Magic Instead of Projection Magecraft for ease.)

'Click—'

The card for [Projection Magic] floated out, then shattered in mid-air, turning into a burst of light spots and falling onto Ethan's forehead.

The next moment, the magic called 'Projection Magic' was mastered by Ethan.

"So, this is 'Projection Magic'—"