Chapter 69: Upgrade to Lv2!

Ranking up and achieving what's known as a 'great feat' is not that easy.

The 'level' of 'Falna' does not increase by merely defeating low-level monsters and gaining experience points/excelia.

It requires constantly defeating stronger opponents to gain enough high-quality experience points/excelia for a transformation or evolution.

In other words, leveling up represents the growth of both body and spirit, and one must achieve a 'great feat' that even the gods would commend.

This is also the reason why many adventurers are unable to surpass the barrier of Lv.2 throughout their lives.

"Let's give it a try; it's not like it costs anything."

"Well, I guess updating Falna still requires my 'divine blood'; how can any amount of money compare to that?"

Freya glanced at Ethan.

You see, for other members of her Familia, updating their Falna requires a prior appointment, and there are only a few slots available per week.

But for Ethan, updating his Falna is as common as eating and drinking everyday.

"I have a few 'gifts' that I just wanted to give to you, Freya-sama~"

As he spoke, Ethan took out several cheongsams of different styles, including embroidered, landscape, and solid-colored ones, three in total, each resembling an exquisite and gorgeous work of art.

Seeing this, Freya's eyes lit up.

She really likes such new styles of clothing.

Especially in Orario, she is the only goddess who owns a cheongsam.

Other goddesses can't get one, even if they are willing to spend a lot of money trying to buy one.

This 'exclusivity' is what really gives her a sense of superiority.

However, she only had a single cheongsam before; she can't wear it every day, can she?

Freya was waiting for Ethan to send a few more sets, but there was no news from him for so long.

Now that he needs something from her, he immediately gives her three sets, which makes Freya both happy and annoyed.

"It seems that you have quite a lot of 'hidden goods'."

Looking at Ethan, Freya's tone became a bit heavier, clearly implying something.

"That's all~ Just this little bit~~"

Ethan also started to sweat.

The 'Jujutsu Kaisen' card pool event has ended, so these cheongsams have become limited edition items, and there is no hope for more.

It's like giving one away means having one less in his stock; Ethan was planning to keep a few sets for his future girlfriend.

As for Freya, although he considered having some 'more than friendship' interactions with her, he never really thought about having a serious boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with her.

After all, she is a goddess, and he is a human—a hurdle that is very difficult to overcome.

Of course, it is also because gods are not so easily won over, especially smart ones like Freya.

It's too troublesome to get along with them; it's okay for physical relationships, but serious emotional ones, not so much.

He may change his mind in the future but that's how he feels now.