Chapter 77: Haruhime Acquired, Ethan Stunned!

In the entire hall, not a soul dared make a sound at that moment.

Goddess Ishtar was pacing back and forth with a troubled expression, reluctant to give up Haruhime, whom she had obtained with difficulty.

"Ishtar-sama, we can actually agree to this condition," Ishtar's male pet spoke up.

He had climbed to his position through his wisdom, resolving many unsavory matters on behalf of his goddess.

He was like a 'good wife,' except that the roles of men and women were reversed here.

"What do you mean~?" Ishtar gloomily looked towards her male pet.

If she didn't know he was captivated by her charm, she would have been tempted to kill him just for what he said.

"Ishtar-sama, to complete the Killing Stone ritual, we need the Killing Stone and a night of the full moon. This year's night of the full moon has already passed, and we have no clue about the Killing Stone, so it doesn't matter where Haruhime is now."

"Keep talking~"

"Once the next night of the full moon arrives, and we have obtained the Killing Stone, we can simply abduct Haruhime back. It won't delay the progress of the ritual."

"Hmph, that's Freya Familia you're talking about. Do you think one can just abduct people from there as if it were their own house?"

"Ishtar-sama, even if Haruhime has great potential, she is just a Lv1 adventurer after all. No matter how much goddess Freya pays attention to her, she can't be by her side every day, right? That's our opportunity."

"You do have some point~"

Ishtar nodded, agreeing with his words.

Haruhime was merely a sacrifice for the Killing Stone ritual; whether she belonged to her Familia or Freya Familia didn't make much of a difference.

As for becoming enemies with Freya Familia once again, since they were already preparing for the ritual, Ishtar had to be prepared to go all out against them; offending them at that time didn't matter anymore.

Most importantly, as her male pet said, this year's night of the full moon has already passed, and next year's is still a long way off.

And now, they don't even have the Killing Stone; all she has is Haruhime, and without the other components, her 'plan' is just empty talk.

Most crucially, if she doesn't agree, then her Familia might not have a future, and Haruhime would still end up in Freya's hands.

Although she was reluctant to admit it, with sufficient power, one really could do whatever they wanted.

Just like now, the overall strength of Freya Familia far surpassed that of Ishtar Familia, so no matter how angry Ishtar was with Freya, she could only endure it.

After much consideration, Ishtar ultimately decided to compromise and agreed to hand over Haruhime.

Just as her male pet said, she hadn't made preparations for the ritual yet.

Once everything was ready, they could just abduct the fox-eared girl back.

By then, her entire familia could level up, plus with the cannon fodder she had recruited and the support of the chaos-loving Evilus, all combined, they could definitely knock Freya off her throne.

"Freya, cherish your good times now because once everything is ready, you will have nothing left."

Saying this, Ishtar's face revealed a touch of madness.