Chapter 39 - Borrowing Twenty Million Valis!

Looking at Ethan standing in front of her, Freya revealed a satisfied smile.

She adored the 'glow of soul,' a particular brilliance that set her heart aflutter.

There was a unique pleasure in crafting scripts, guiding her 'targets' toward transformation, watching their souls burn ever brighter.

Although she couldn't see through his soul, the Ethan now, compared to before, was already completely different.

Before, Ethan was like a salted fish who had given up hope, with his mind full of thoughts of "muddling along" and "just getting by."

The dungeons, harsh and unforgiving trial, transformed him. Impurities vanished, replaced by a dazzling brilliance.

"I heard from Ottar that you came back in a very sorry state today, but looking at you now, you seem to have recovered quite well."

"Great disasters bring great fortune; I had a bit of good luck, so I had a bit of improvement."

"So, what are you here for?"

Freya asked with a light smile, expressing her curiosity.

"I need a sum of money~"

"How much?"

"Ten million Valis, and it might even not be enough."

"Okay~"

For her own people, Freya was never stingy, and ten million Valis was just a small amount of money for her.

The previous trouble over one million Valis was purely for her amusement.

Ethan was somewhat surprised to hear Freya agree so readily.

"However, this money is loaned to you, you will have to pay it back in the future."

"No problem~"

Ethan nodded, ten million Valis was indeed not a small amount for him at the moment, but he believed that he would definitely find a way to pay back in the future.

In the worst case scenario, he would repay her with his body, since he's already being kept, it doesn't matter anymore.

"Ottar~"

As Freya's voice fell, the door was pushed open, followed by Ottar walking in.

He held a bag, presumably filled with cash. This puzzled Ethan – a million Valis given by card, so why was ten million given in cash?

"This is twenty million Valis, since ten million might not be enough, then just double it up to avoid trouble."

Hearing Freya's words, Ethan opened his mouth, not knowing what to say.

He desperately wanted to play the 'Rich lady, I'm hungry, please feed me' card, but... well, he was already living that life, and had blown through his allowance.

"I will pay back this money as soon as possible."

"Don't rush, take your time."

Freya was very indifferent, after all, compared to twenty million Valis, the changed Ethan was what she cared about.

Because he was concerned about the production of "Cursed Corpse," Ethan didn't stay for too long, didn't say much, and left.

The money was already in his hands, and he couldn't wait to start making his first "Cursed Corpse."

"Ottar, did you notice?"

After Ethan left, Freya said with a smile.

"Mm, after he came back, he has changed from the inside out, his desire for power has reached an extreme, the ambition deep in his heart has also been completely awakened."