Chapter 53 - Under Apollo's Gaze!

Originally, Ethan was somewhat cautious around Finn Deimne; after all, the relationship between the Loki Familia and the Freya Familia is quite delicate, being both partners and rivals.

Finn, as the leader of the Loki Familia, naturally made Ethan suspicious with his close approach.

However, Ethan's guard was slightly lowered when the name 'Edward Hendy' was mentioned.

"Whitebeard must not have said anything good about me, huh?"

"Eh~ well, not too bad~"

Finn didn't know how to respond to Ethan's question.

This was because, when he went to meet the dwarf boss, the latter did nothing but complain about Ethan's various inappropriate actions from start to finish.

Although he understood this was a sign of their good relationship, the other party really didn't say anything positive.

"Looks like I need to empty his wine cellar when I get back, that bastard is always ruining my reputation."

Upon hearing Ethan's words, Finn didn't know what to say, as both seemed to be of the same type: one aiming to swindle others' money, the other wanting to empty the dwarf's wine cellar.

Then, the two of them just chatted about trivial matters, mainly with Finn actively changing topics.

Ethan was no fool and naturally noticed Finn's purposeful approach, which made him wary, though he outwardly just casually chatted with Finn.

The banquet soon began. This was a banquet of the gods, and all the attendees were gods and goddesses.

People like Ethan and Finn, who came here with the gods, were just sidekicks. They were also objects of showing off, like children flaunting their rare cards.

"Finn, come here."

"Coming~"

Following Loki's call, Finn stood up, nodded slightly to Ethan, and then walked over.

After all, it was a summon from his goddess, so Finn naturally had to go and show his support.

Despite being over forty years old, Finn, as a member of the pallum race, still looked like a young boy.

His popularity in Orario was exceptionally high.

In Orario, countless fangirls admired him: powerful, high-status, and an eternal shota– the perfect 'big brother' in the hearts of numerous women.

Meanwhile, Ethan was left to enjoy the banquet's delicacies alone.

As a food lover, Ethan was quite satisfied with this arrangement.

As for Freya, as the goddess of beauty, she naturally had no shortage of female companions.

Most of the goddesses in Orario had a pretty good relationship with Freya on the surface.

Especially tonight, Freya, in her ink-painted cheongsam, was surrounded by many curious goddesses.

Such attire, perfectly showcasing her figure and exuding noble elegance, was simply irresistible, making it hard for them to stay away.

"Hmm? Whose child is that?"

A god, while scanning the banquet hall, inadvertently spotted a human sitting alone in a corner.

The moment he saw the other party, he was captivated. Such a 'beautiful' child should belong to him, not be left alone in the corner.

With that thought, a bright smile appeared on his face.

"Apollo-sama, everything is ready; we can start the banquet now."

At this time, a man who looked like an attendant walked over and spoke to the male god wearing a laurel wreath.

"Hyakinthos, whose child is that over there?"

Following Apollo's gaze to a corner of the banquet hall, Hyakinthos saw Ethan there, continuously enjoying the food.

Seeing his handsome face, combined with Apollo's 'interested' gaze, Hyakinthos had a bad feeling.

"Not sure, but he must be a child brought by one of the attending gods to the banquet."

"Such 'beauty', this child should belong to me. Hyakinthos, bring him to me; I want to personally invite him into my Familia."

"..."

Hearing Apollo's instruction, Hyakinthos frowned and instinctively clenched his fists.

He adored god Apollo to an extreme extent, though within the Familia, he was the most 'favored' one.

Now, he felt like he wasn't Apollo's favorite anymore.

This was something Hyakinthos could not accept, but he could not refuse his revered Apollo-sama's order either.

"Yes, Apollo-sama!"

Suppressing the discomfort in his heart, Hyakinthos approached Ethan.

Apollo smiled when he saw this scene. He seemed to envision 'acquiring' this child soon. He was very excited and looking forward to how he would 'dote on' him later.

On the other side, Hyakinthos, filled with resentment, approached Ethan, who was enjoying his meal, and felt even more disgusted.

"Hey~"

"Hmm?"

Suddenly interrupted, Ethan looked over in confusion.

At this banquet, he didn't know anyone, and Finn, whom he had just met, had been called away by Loki.

So, who was this person in front of him?

"My god wishes to see you; come with me."

The tone was haughty from the start, and the undisguised repulsion made Ethan very unhappy.

He even dared to tease his own goddess, who does this guy think he is, ordering him around?

"Ohhh~ Who is your god? Why should I go with you?"

Hearing Ethan's sarcastic words, Hyakinthos became angry. In his heart, Apollo-sama was the most sacred.

Having the chance to see Apollo-sama was already an honor; yet this person in front of him was so disdainful, which made him very angry.

"My god, Apollo, is also the host of this banquet. Come with me now."

However, Hyakinthos was angry, but he still had to follow Apollo's instructions, so he said again with suppressed anger.

"Apollo? You mean that homo god?"

"Asshole!"

Although he didn't know what it meant, it definitely wasn't anything positive.

And this sudden outburst also startled Ethan.

Then he realized it was indeed inappropriate to disrespect someone's god in their presence; his words had been too harsh.

"I'll give you one more chance, come see Apollo-sama with me, or don't blame me for being rude."

Looking at Hyakinthos in front of him, although Ethan didn't recognize him, he could guess that he definitely held a high status in the Apollo Familia.

But what does his high status in Apollo Familia have to do with me, a member of Freya Familia?

Ethan doesn't even need to step back.

He's part of the Freya Familia.

You realize any random member of Freya Familia could wipe the floor with this guy, right?

So, who the hell does this person think he is, bossing Ethan around?

---

Read More With Pictures (20+ Chapters In Advance):
patreon.com/U22

(PS: Vote for this fanfiction for more chapters. Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below. If the results are not good, then I'll just drop it and start working on another project.)