Chapter 23: Beauty Saves the Hero!

'Boom—'

'Thud—'

Just as the 'danger' was about to arrive, Walter's face was almost creased with laughter.

But suddenly, an unexpected attack landed on Walter and Jared, who were preparing to ambush Ethan from behind.

Both of them fell to the ground without any defense or resistance.

This sudden turn of events also stunned Ethan, the guy who practiced "fishing law enforcement."

"Are you okay?"

At that moment, an elf woman in 'Hostess of Fertility' attire appeared.

With one hand holding a bag of groceries and the other holding a blood-stained twig, she noticed some bruises on the back of Walter and Jared's heads.

"You are..."

"Ryuu Lion, we met before at 'Hostess of Fertility.'"

"It's you, the beautiful elf waitress."

"Mhm~"

Looking at Ethan, Ryuu nodded.

She coincidentally saw Ethan strolling on the street.

Then she spotted Walter and Jared following him.

Out of her former sense of belief in 'justice,' she intervened.

Although she was no longer a member of a righteous Familia, nor did she deserve to enact 'justice' anymore.

However, when faced with misfortune that was about to happen, she couldn't help but intervene, perhaps as a way to atone for her past 'sins.'

"Thank you for today's help~"

Although he didn't need it, thanking someone for their help was indeed a proper course of action.

"Although this area is better than other neighborhoods, it's not safe to go to deserted places like this. Orario isn't as glamorous as it appears outside."

"I understand."

Facing Ryuu's warning, Ethan acknowledged it.

After all, she meant well.

However, as someone who believed in 'tit for tat,' Ethan wouldn't let go of these two scoundrels who had murderous intent towards him.

Ethan adhered to the principle of eliminating problems at the source, as he didn't want to face future troubles because of them.

After all, if these insignificant small fries were to retaliate against him, even if they couldn't harm him physically, they could still bother him with other stuff and waste his time.

Moreover, Orario wasn't exactly peaceful.

Therefore, to prevent any unexpected incidents, it was best to deal with them thoroughly.

"You seem new to Orario. Let me show you around."

"Thank you so much~"

Ethan quickly followed, but as they passed by Walter and Jared, a mass of black substance fell down.

Soon, Ethan and Ryuu's figures disappeared at the end of the street.

*Gurgle—*

On the ground, the black substance that Ethan had dropped began to expand.

"Hmm?"

At that moment, Walter slowly regained consciousness, feeling pain at the back of his head.

He reached out to touch it, and his hand was covered in fresh blood.