III

YOOJUNG

YOOJUNG

Gyuri
ok so you're saying.....
YOU TOLD YOUR OLDER BROTHER IM PREGNANT?!?!
HOW COULD YOU.
WHAT IF HE TELLS MY BOYFRIEND?!
EVEN WORSE...
MY PARENTS.
GIRL.

Yoojung
IM SORRY
I JUST COULDNT TELL HIM WHY I WAS THERE
I TOKD HIM NOT TO TELL ANYONE
it's fine!
if he ever asks, just say it was a false alarm or something...
pls forgive me.

Gyuri
...
fine
i'll forgive you >:-(
just don't pull that shit again!
bruh
i told my boyfriend rn about this just in case he'd find out the wrong way by someone else
and now he's laughing hysterically
i don't get what's so funny!
asshole.
anyway
what did the doctor tell you today?

Sighing, I drop my phone to the side. I wasn't ready to tell her about my situation. Not yet.

I had just arrived from lunch with Dawon, and now I was back in my apartment, lazily on my bed. I sigh in frustration at my situation. I haven't really accepted the fact that I was dying. I didn't really want to think about it.

You're dying, Yoojung. Dying.
Unfortunately, it was like a mosquito tormenting me. How were my parents going to react when I tell them? They'd be so heartbroken. I'm aware that this is something I shouldn't hide, but I don't have the heart to tell them yet. Pun intended.

It's weird how I have not shed any tear since finding out about my diagnosis. I'm not really a crier in general, but a situation like this calls for some good crying. You know? Perhaps that would relieve me of some burden.

However, instead of making good use of my limited time, I idly rest on my queen-sized bed. From my window, the bright sun rays invaded my dimly lit room. I slowly breathe. How could the outside world continue to be so warm and cheerful even when my life turned so dark and gloomy?

Normally, at this hour, I would be studying for my degree, but I suddenly lost motivation to do so. What was the point if I was going to die anyway? Damn. I'm turning pessimistic.

The earth is going to keep turning, even when I am gone. If you think about it, the earth is so strong. Although Humans have ruined it by causing climate change and things like genocide, it perseveres. Maybe I shouldn't be so lazy. If the earth can persevere, even when all the Humans are tearing each other apart, I can too.

Realizing that sulking on my bed wasn't going to do anything, I groggily get up and stretch my arms. My papers weren't going to do themselves.

As I plop myself onto my gaming chair, I sigh out. I lean back, frustrated. Although I sat down to start work, I procrastinate by swivelling side to side. Whilst I do so, I notice the picture frame that hung near my desk. It was a photo of me and my family during my graduation photoshoot. Cute.

Reminiscing the old times, I slide my chair across the room the grab my Winnie the Pooh squishmallow from my couch. I've had this bear since I was born, and I have grown very attached to it. It's practically the same age as me.

Lifting my hand up, Winnie the Pooh levitates in the air. I gesture him to come to my hand, and he does so. I grab hold of Winnie the Pooh and return back to my desk.

Telekinesis.
I discovered this power when I was banned from my iPad at eight years old. My mom had put it on the top of our highest dresser so that I couldn't reach it, and I remember being so enraged. I was in so much shock when, after raging for hours, the iPad smoothly floated down to my grasp.

This was when I realized I truly was a half-Vampire, like the two Vampire men told me the year prior to this event. I could also recall how they told me to never tell my parents about this.

My mom caught me right after, and she was annoyed but a little shocked. She asked me how I got my iPad. I simply told her I was smarter than she thought. Defeated, she let me keep it.

My mother and I always had a rocky relationship. We were either very affectionate or very annoyed with each other. No in-between. I have a feeling she favours Dawon more because he is more family-oriented. My dad? He's only 56, but he acts so old and annoying at times. He can overreact.

I relate to neither of my parents much, so it is bizarre to me how they are entangled with the Vampires I met a long time ago.

Another thing I've always wondered was where were the other Vampires? The two Vampire men had to leave the same day they met me, but where did they go? Do they live on this earth? Am I the only one here? When will they come back?

Frustrated, I bit my lower lip with my sharp canines. Waiting around for them was the only way I'd get answers, so I guess I'd have to be patient.

Snuggling with Winnie the Pooh, I crack my knuckles and began my schoolwork.

NI-KI

I see that she is completely aware of her Vampire side.

In my bat form, I stood on her window stool to observe her. I had been following her since I first found her, and other than having the Vampire teeth, she acted very much like a Human. Until now.

I couldn't help but wonder if she was a little insane. She was doing schoolwork even though she was going to die anyway. Wasn't she wasting her time? If I were her, I'd live my life to the fullest and not care about shit.

This girl is weird.