XXXVI

"EXCERPT BY KIM SUNOOMME CHOI, HISTORY GRADE 12NOVEMBER 30, 1982

MME CHOI, HISTORY GRADE 12
NOVEMBER 30, 1982

The Vampire & Human Chronicles

The number 2 symbolizes many of the basic dualities: me/you, male/female, yes/no, alive/dead, left/right, and more. Dualities are common because of our preference for two-valued logic, which is derived from true/false.

In this universe, especially, exists Human/Vampire.

However, we weren't always a duality. Once upon a time, we had no knowledge of each other and lived separate lives in alternate universes.

It all changed during the creation of the jar that bonded both species together.

Thousands of years ago, the young Vampire Queen Yang Ikbi, curator of many spells that are still used in this modern era, was desperate to save her dying husband.

King Kwan is one of the greatest warriors of Vampire history. His biggest feat was helping the Queen end the Choi dictatorship, beginning the Yang Dynasty. He spent a lot of his life as the Head General of the Army until he and the Queen fell deeply in love with each other and he became King. Together, they had ten children.

Their happiness didn't last long however, he later had been diagnosed with Herzentzündung (heart inflammation) - a condition exclusive to Vampires, one that almost always ended in death.

Frenzied, she went through hundreds of magic books to create a spell that would cure him. During her time, this condition was foreign to their knowledge plus magic was not used medically yet, so she spent many restless nights discovering new ways.

Fortunately for her, that year was the year of Harmonic Convergence, a supernatural phenomenon that occurs once every ten thousand years. Thus, the Heavens were open for communication.

She meditated religiously, praying to God and asking him for solutions.

After several tries, he finally answered her. Though, he gave her bewildering statement that she couldn't comprehend at first: "The only way King Kwan can survive is if he gives up his Vampire state."

"What? Is that not just death?!" Queen Ikbi exclaimed.

God staunchly continued, "In a universe not so distant from yours, there is a specie akin to Vampires called Mankind. A kind, specifically classified as Human, that is immune to Herzentzündung. Connect the universes, convert your husband to Human, and he will live."

Now knowing what to do, Queen Yang Ikbi, in all of her mystical glory, successfully produced a magical jar that connected the two realms. For many days after that, cloud iridescence became present in both skies as an after effect.

When the Queen first stepped unto the realm, her skin burned ever so slightly by the distant orange planet, and she was amazed at what she was witnessing. The two realms were the opposite of each other: while the Vampire realm only had the moon, the Human realm also had the blazing sun.