XXX

Many days went by, and they become officially became girlfriend and boyfriend in between them

As the day surrendered to the gentle embrace of twilight, Yoojung and Ni-ki went on what promised to be an enchanting date. The air was crisp with anticipation as they strolled through the city streets, hand in hand, their laughter mingling with the soft murmur of the evening breeze.

The observatory, bathed in the soft glow of red moonlight, beckoned to them like a beacon of mystery and wonder. They ascended its spiraling staircase, their footsteps echoing in the quiet halls as they explored its hidden treasures. Yoojung's eyes sparkled with delight as she gazed through the telescope, marvelling at the secrets of the cosmos laid bare before her.

She couldn't help but notice how beautiful the Blood Moon was.

On the rooftop terrace, beneath a canopy of stars, Yoojung and Ni-ki found solace in each other's arms. They whispered secrets to the night, their words woven into the fabric of the universe, their hearts beating in unison with the rhythm of the cosmos. But beneath the surface of their joy, there lurked a shadow of impending sadness, a whisper of despair that threatened to shatter the fragile beauty of the moment.

For Yoojung and Ni-ki, although attempting to ignore it for the most part, this evening held a significance far beyond the ordinary.

The moon, a blood-red orb hanging low in the sky, seemed to cast a pall over their once vibrant world. Yoojung stole a glance at Ni-ki, her heart heavy with sorrow. They both knew that this would be their last night together, their final moments before the inevitable parting of ways.

Their date, once filled with laughter and joy, now felt tinged with a bittersweet melancholy. They lingered in each other's presence, savoring the fleeting moments as if trying to etch them into their memories for eternity. The silence between them spoke volumes, words left unspoken hanging in the air like a tangible weight.

As they reached their destination, a secluded spot overlooking the city, the Blood Moon loomed large overhead, casting an eerie glow upon the landscape.

They knew that time was running out, that soon they would have to say their final goodbyes.

But even as the Blood Moon reached its zenith, signalling the opening, Yoojung and Ni-ki refused to let go of each other. And as the moonlight bathed them in its crimson glow, they made a silent vow to cherish every moment they had together.

"It's time," she gulped.

As Yoojung's words hung in the air like a heavy curtain, Ni-ki's heart sank like a stone. He knew that this moment would come, that he would have to fulfill his duty no matter how much it tore him apart inside.

It was time for her to die.

With a heavy heart, he nodded in silent acknowledgment, his eyes clouded with sorrow.