II

???

???

I was back.
It had been a little over a century (in Human years) since I last stepped foot in this place. I emerge from the forests to be met with the city, seeing the opposite specie frolicking in their home.

Back at in the Vampire realm, we had finally - after many tiring months of refining the spell - reconnected the two realms... temporarily.

This was a great deal because the two species had been separated for a long time.

Well, we were able to reconnect once a while ago. Heeseung and Sunghoon went to visit the Human realm to see our other best friend, Jungwon, but our spell only lasted for half of the day at the time.

We scattered through every book in the Royal library, searching and connecting pieces of magic together. The Yang dynasty ancestors created the magic jar that bonded our realms plus wrote some memoirs, so we were lucky to have such references.

My two friends wanted to meet Jungwon when they were there, but they decided otherwise at the end. What was the point if they could only see him for one day? Jungwon also seemed quite busy at the time, and he looked very different. They were surprised to see him so old, judging by their reactions when they returned.

They expressed more surprise when they described the little girl they met.

Digging my shoes into the soil of the Human realm, I couldn't help but recall the memories I had here. I was sent here a long time ago by the King and Queen, my adoptive parents, to train with my friends.

I observe the cloud iridescence for a moment. Vampires say this occurs in the Human sky whenever a foreign species enters their realm. I guess it was me who caused it.

I couldn't stand still too long to reminisce, however. Exhaling out, I walk off of the grass and unto the pavement. I had to find her as soon as possible.

"You have three months," they said to me.

The reconnection spell we created was still not potent enough to withstand my presence for too long. This is why I had come alone, to avoid "tiring" out the spell. If all six of my friends and I came, the bond would only last us about a week which wasn't enough time.

We were looking forward to the Human blood moon, a night where the most miraculous events can happen. And that was in three months, according to the blood moon cycle we study at the Vampire realm.

There was also a calculated reason it had to be me to return as well.

Each Vampire has their own powers, those of which they are born with, and mine happens to be levitation and time travel. I came to the Human realm with the intention to use the latter.

Though, there were a lot of restrictions set on my power: I could only use it under the blood moon, and I could not change anyone's fate not future.

My time travel is not like the stereotypical ones seen in fantasy films. In popular media, one time travels to view the past or future. My power, however, allows the entire universe to move back. Essentially, if I go back in time, the world must go back in time permanently with me. And what was "present" that time reverts back to "future," and everyone forgets all memory of it. I forget too, so it's a risky deed.